“Bugs made room too crowded”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Canton

Super 8 Canton
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Canton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

wet floors from room next door odor in both rooms down or on first floor ! needs remodling . rooms need checking . the rooms on second floor cleaner and smell better they also look better!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Central Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean and pleasant. Bed and A/C was good. Someone's kids ran the 3rd floor hall until after 1 am. Calls to front desk returned a "so sorry, I'm by myself". After that, rest was good. Seems that clerk could have managed some means to corral guest's kids during bedtime hours.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greenfrogtrike
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I ended up staying here in a pinch. Booked it on Hotwire and found that the price was for 1 king bed. Even tho there was only about 8 rooms taken staff wasn't very helpful in getting us two beds. Room was clean but dumpy. Guess you can't complain for under $60. Breakfast was included and we also had a microwave and mini fridge in the room. Not much else to say about it really.

• Stayed July 2012
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I recently went to Canton, TX for meeting at the Civic Center. A friend told us that he was staying at the Super 8 motel. We were running late for the meeting, so we checked into the Super 8 motel and went to the meeting without checking out our room. When we finally got to our room, it was disgusting. It was very dirty. I'm okay with things being old or outdated, but this was nasty. ( I would have slept in my car before I would have slept in that bed!) We had already paid for two nights. So we asked for a refund for the second night and just took a loss on the first night. We ended up at the Best Western which wasn't fancy, but very clean. Our friend did stay at the Super 8, which really makes me question his judgement!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Trinidad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Anita, at the front desk was super. Pool was clean and relaxing. Room was clean - new bed. NO bedbugs!! I always check. Overall the hotel was very quiet with the exception of the room airconditioner. It was loud. Restaurants aren't too far away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arlington TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

I've traveled extensively and seen many things. This hotel needs a 2.5 stars for it's mixed review.

The two front desk ladies were sweethearts and did their best to remedy issues that came up. The breakfast area was ample and clean even if the selection was of poor quality food and limited. I parked right in front of the hotel door so I felt my car was secure. It is literally 20 ft from a Whataburger (if you're so inclined) but was not noisy at all. The pool was clean. The hotel room had a mini-fridge and microwave so we could cook the stuff we brought in our cooler. Plenty of great ice for the cooler right around the corner. So, there's all the good things about this hotel.

Now for the bad stuff. I'm attaching a pic of what we discovered on one of the beds when we pulled the sheets back (a cigarette burn and disgusting stain on sheets). The front desk lady came straight away and changed the sheets for me. She was so apologetic and sweet about it. The beds themselves were horrifically old and about a 2 out of 5 on comfort. The lady told me that they have brand new nice beds on order for the next time we stay. (We won't be staying again) The hotel is very old and the rooms have the window unit which smells funny and runs loud. It cooled well but smelled old and wet (as usual for those things) The room was moderately clean. There was long hair on the sink, shower and bathroom floor. And I could see the sloppy, hasty swiping of housekeeping across the sink counter. (Seems like the housekeeping staff needs to be fired) As for the pool, while it was clean and comfortable, some female had obviously decided to go swimming in it and rip out several 12" sections of weave from her head and leave them lying around the pool deck. Disgusting!

Location of hotel is strategically good and easily accessible. Literally right off Hwy 20 in Canton, across the hwy from the Canton 1st Mondays and .5 mile from Splash Kingdom (which I don't recommend you go to) Price was average but a little pricey for this quality and for it not being a 1st Monday Trade Days weekend ($70 + tax per night) Wi-fi is fast, abundant and free. Plenty of good kids show on the tv.

All in all: hotel itself 3 out of 5. rooms 2 out of 5. breakfast 3.5 out of 5. front desk staff 5 out of 5. housekeeping staff 0 out of 5.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank futurelawyer2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
BEST WESTERN Canton Inn
Motel 6 Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#3 of 6 in Canton
Comfort Suites Near Cedar Creek Lake
Best Western Plus Emory at Lake Fork Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gun Barrel City
BEST WESTERN Mineola Inn

Been to Super 8 Canton? Share your experiences!