“A hidden Gem -- don't miss this winery” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: TEL# 903-567-6810
Fort Worth, TX
“A hidden Gem -- don't miss this winery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We were looking for a bottle of wine at the local super market and were told Canton was dry and we'd have to drive 25 minutes to get anything -- I asked how the wineries did any business and got a blank stare. We left and headed to the Savannah Winery (didn't know it was also a bistro). When we arrived, we went to the bar in the back and sat down -- the gentleman behind the bar was extremely nice and very helpful. he asked me what kinds of wines I liked and brought out some wines for me to taste. His recommendations were spot on -- while we were there my husband decided to order dessert -- he had a chocolate lava cake with ice cream. He thought the cake was outstanding. There was a couple sitting beside us eating pork chops and they said the dinners at Savannah were wonderful. They also mentioned that on Saturday night the bistro does a prime rib/steak special -- they said they had eaten there several times on Saturday night and were never disappointed.

While I was trying to decide what kind of wine to buy, the gentleman behind the bar (which was also the owner) said they have a wine club where you get 2 bottles of wine for $29.99 every other month (the regular price of the bottles had to be $20 or less for each bottle). I decided to join the club as it will be a great excuse to go back in a couple of months for the Saturday prime rib special.

I would also like to mention just how wonderful and nice the owner was -- I forgot to bring a wine glass with us and let me borrow a wine glass to take back to the B&B....we simply returned it the next morning on our way out of town. As for our bill, the cake, coffee, and wine tasting was only $13.00 (and I had 4 good size tasters). In general the wine selection was excellent and the prices were also very excellent.... especially when you consider that going to a winery is usually highway robbery.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank John and Desire... C

Greenville, Texas
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Wife and her friend had a good
Experience previously. Today , not so good. Undercooked wife's burger. Mine was ok, but they were small!!! Mentioned this to the owner to no avail. Wine took awhile to arrive. Waitress was young, nice and apologetic. Place has a lot of potential, but today was not their day. Frustrating because we had stopped in once before and were tod we had to order off the dinner menu late in the afternoon.... Overall, don't see us ever going back.....

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Ben Wheeler, Texas
“Wine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

The owners and staff are so nice and will help when needed to advise you when choosing a wine. Just tell them what you are looking for and they are there.

Visited June 2012
“Good wine, ok food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

The wine is good and that's about it. The food wasn't all that great. I had the meatloaf. It was overdone, like it had been in the stove all night keeping warm. We also had the bruschetta, which was gross. It was just Ragu sauce over some bread. Our waitress was new and ditzy ! I probably wouldn't eat here again. I would just come back and drink the wine only.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank richdeblove
Dallas, Texas
“"Special" seafood”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

I had the evening's special on my second (and last) visit to this frightfully overpriced cafe. The blackened tilapia turned out to be the same Sam's Wholesale Club entrees we have had many times at home. It's good....for frozen home fare. The price at the Savannah was $12.95. No I could not get tthe server to admit it was Sam's, but she did admit it was boxed, frozen pre-seasoned filets. They also sell Texas wines....again good....but not worth 5 times the grocery store price.