“Good ribs, bangin pies”

Description: Tel# 903-567-4813
Mobile, Alabama
“Good ribs, bangin pies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stopped randomly while driving through. It was Monday- Rib plate special for $9.95. My ribs were really good, but the best past was the sides. I had the corn/black bean salad and marinated tomatoes. It was fresh and very good- I was thankful to avoid the ubiquitous macaroni and cheese or other starch-laden dishes one is usually forced to choose from. I had a bite of my Mom's fried apple pie. It was really good. I didn't notice until we were leaving that they offered tons of different kinds of pies- meat, vegetable, even sugar free pies. If I had seen that before stuffing myself, I probably would have gotten about 3 too many. That lunch was the highlight of my day.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank freshfromthelab

Murchison, Texas
“Flaky, tender, now I have your attention.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ok I confess, not real crazy about the BBQ at Bakers, but the fried pies, yummy. We have eaten there a couple of times and now find other places to get our brisket fix. But it is worth the trip just to get the pies. They are perfect. Not sweet sugary on the outside, flaky crust and so many delicious fillings. I love the coconut or peach but you can't go wrong with any of them.

• Visited December 2012
“Average All Around”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time we've eaten here and was not as pleased this time. The sliced brisket was pretty good, as we're the sides, however the BBQ chicken was cold and dried out. The homemade fried pies were the highlight of the meal! So good! It cost just over $30 for two people which I thought was a little high. I'll be back for the dessert though!

Terrell, Texas, United States
“Okay ribs but the pies are over priced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

The BBQ is okay but the fried pies they make and sell there are mostly sugary covered dough with little filling. That was a disappointment because they do make sugar free ones which are the ony ones I can have and therefore my greater disappointment.,

Argyle, Texas
“Good Texas Barbeque”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

Very good brisket and pulled pork. Reasonable pricing but a little slow on taking orders. Could have been short handed or just spread a little thin on wait staff behind the counter. Food was delicious and the Fried Pies that is also in the restaurant in the back were super good.

• Visited February 2012