“Canton Trade Days a Picker or Collector's Paradise”

First Monday Trade Days
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Canton
More attraction details
Owner description: This flea market, held the first Monday of the month, has been in existence since the 1860s.
Denver
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Canton Trade Days a Picker or Collector's Paradise”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Just returned from my first trip to Canton Trade Days. It was excellent! When I decided to go I had mixed expectations. But I'm so glad I went.

I had limited time to spend there (one day) because my elderly grandmother went with me and she couldn't hold up to more than one day. Thank goodness for scooter rentals. That is one of the great things about this event. Anyone can rent a scooter or a push cart by the hour/day/weekend. In fact, if you plan to go, make sure you either plan to rent a push cart or bring your own bag on wheels. If not, you'll be making trip after trip to your car to unload your purchases!

Plenty to eat and drink scattered throughout, but don't plan to watch your diet. The food can only be described as carnival type food (corn dogs, walking fajitas, funnel cakes, fried Twinkies, ice cream, etc.).

If you really want to experience all Trade Days has to offer, plan to stay at least two full days. We arrived just before it opened and left when it closed the day we were there and had barely scratched the surface! In the event of bad weather, it still opens, but the outdoor vendors won't open. No worries because there are miles of indoor booths to visit. We didn't get to ANY of those while there. We wanted to visit the outdoor booths because we had beautiful weather starting out with rain forecast for the afternoon, but the rain never came. So we enjoyed the outdoor booths and decided to save the indoors for a future visit.

Men, you'll have plenty to look at. Don't shy away from this event thinking it's only for the ladies. You won't be disappointed!

2 Thank GreatDaneMomDenver

The Woodlands, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Smokin' Haute Canton Trade Days”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have not been out to Canton in years. My friends and I decided to make a weekend of shopping. Wow-how it has changed since the last time I was there. We found this company Smokin' Haute. I ordered my custom drapes from them and I love love love them! They did a fantastic job and their prices are AMAZING! They also sell a lot of cute accessories. I will definitely go back!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank rhondaw965
Dallas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“A must-do activity near Dallas”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

If you're going to be in the Dallas area the weekend before the first Monday of any month, you need to check out First Monday Trade Days. Even if you aren't looking for that special something for your home or as a gift, First Monday is worth the hour trip from Dallas just for the experience. You're not likely to find much in the way of really old antiques, though there are a few, but with thousands of booths over hundreds of acres, you'll definitely get some exercise, some good food, and you might just stumble across a bargain. With everything from nick knacks to jewelry, dog treats to furniture, there's so much to see and do it would take you the entire four day weekend (Thurs-Sun) to see it all. Besides the main grounds on Hwy 19, there's also "The Mountain" and "Dog Alley) on Hwy 64. Dog Alley is a misnomer, because it's so much more than dogs. You can buy horses, mules, calves, chickens, birds, flying squirrels, and pigs. Not to mention cages and accessories. The Mountain is more of an artist community, with live shows, music, and art as well as tons of gadgets for sale.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank salesproquo
Brandon, Mississippi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great fun”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

great fun--lots to see--very clean--we loved it--food was good at trade days and also excellent food at Denny's

Arkansas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fun Flea Market with County Fair atmosphere”
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time roaming booth to booth both inside the covered arbors and out on the grounds. Very few "deals" but mostly friendly, kind folks eager to smile and chat. Dress comfortably and cool and be sure to bring a shopping cart with drink holder. Definitely worth the experience if you have the stamina. Lots of walking but motorized carts are available. (Wish they had designated cart lanes cause it was nuts) ha!