“Nice, clean , quiet place to stay...especially in Canton.”

Mill Creek Ranch Resort
“Nice, clean , quiet place to stay...especially in Canton.”
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a cottage (#50) on a non-trade days weekend. Cottage was very clean. They're definitely small. Like an RV without the wheels and nicer. Nice finishings. Comfy bed. If in Canton, I would definitely stay there again. The loft ceiling is very low. You'd have to crawl to get in the beds.

• Stayed October 2012
MillCreekR, Director of Sales at Mill Creek Ranch Resort, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you Travelag7 we appreciate your review. We have a new cottage (22) that has a larger loft area that will be available next year for rental. We also have non loft cottages that have higher ceilings. If you don't need the loft may I suggest you try cottage 92 the next time you visit. It has a great deck and a wonderful view. Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Park is well laid out and rv sites are large with lots of room. Excellent meeting facilities and food served. Clean and well maintained. Sound system in meeting room needs improvement in the rear of the room. Great handi-cap accessable for showers and bathrooms. Close to everything in Canton. Good pet walk and open pen. Staff was very friendly and the stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi DanfromTexas757, thank you so much for your review. We love having RV Rallies!! Your group is awesome! I love how patriotic ya'll are! I hope we see you again soon!!
Temple, TX
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is without a doubt one of the most beautful, well kept parks in the state of Texas! Staff goes out of their way to make sure you have a relaxed, enjoyable stay. Secure campground with loads of amenities like pools, hot tubs, playgrounds, fishing, paddle boats disk golf and so many more things to do! All this is set in meticulously kept grounds and includes a Grand Lodge for special events. Don't pass up the opportunity to camp/stay here It is a super destination.

Room Tip: Stay in your RV or one of their many cabins. Great fun.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RaneilTemple_Tx, thank you so much for your awesome review. We sure appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.
Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My family and I just got back from Canton, Tx - Mill Creek Ranch. The kids really wanted to do something different this year, and of course they wanted to do camping. So wait a minute..... I'm not the camping type, but I do enjoy a good adventure. In order to please everyone I looked for a so called " upscale" campsite. Yeah right, you might say, but this place was the perfect balance of outdoor fun and "glamping" (glamourous + camping). The resort was a RV park up front, but deeper on the resort were these great little cabins and cottages. They had full amenities, wooden decks, fire pits and of course it’s share of locust and frogs. If you see the pictures on the website, what you see is what you get. I feeling a little apprehensive and hoping the cottages would meet my expectations. I was truly satisfied. We stayed in cabin 57, which had a loft. Well…. not really a loft more like a crawl space about a 4 foot tall space. My children enjoyed the area, but it was definitely made for kids or tiny people (like toddlers...LOL). The mattress in the loft was awful, but we went to Walmart and purchased an eggshell cover. We had a fully stocked kitchen and a small efficient bathroom. The water is HOT, so be careful. We had 3 flat screen Tv's and cable! There was a full size bed in the bedroom and a fold out couch. What kind of camping is this......well my kind!!!! And it got better I was able to pay for internet connection.

We rented a golf cart, $40 a/day (optional). You're not able to drive down to your cottages, but there are wide paved walkways that lead to each cottage. We rode bikes, swam, (the main lodge had a great pool and hot tub), and fished in a stocked pond. Kids caught lots of fish (catch and release only) but no complaints here. The resort supplied the bikes and fishing poles. The cottage came with our own fire pit and gas grill ready to use. We ate breakfast in the morning on our deck and grilled in the evening.

We stayed 3 nights and 4 days.

Just keep in mind that all the cottages are a little different, we had patio chairs but no tables. However, we carried our own fold out table, lawn chairs, and ezup tent, which worked out perfect. Don't forget a little bug or wasp spray, you might need it. The staff at check in was friendly, helpful, and she even helped us with our bags. The young guy at the Mill Store was great as well, he was helpful with our first fishing experience.
This place was very nice, it was great inexpensive getaway, not far from home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Wow thank you so much BMWTexas, we love to hear such wonderful reviews. I am so glad you got to enjoy our amenities. May I suggest you bring the Family out for Spring Break we do so much during that week and the kids will love it. We also have other executive cottages that have larger outdoor patio areas with tables and chairs. Cottage 52 has the largest area for outdoor living and tons of space for eating with a full outdoor kitchen. Cottage 30 is not an executive but does have a table and grill with the fire pit. These could be a great for your next stay with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed September 7, 2012

If you read my reviews, you see I give a fair and accurate version of the positives and negatives of a location.
I made the reservation onlinewith Mill Creek Ranch for my 31' travel trailer in a full hookup 50 amp service spot, received a confirmation email and was charged for my stay.
The next day I received a cancellation for my reservation. I called the Mill Creek and spoke with Daniel, asking why my confirmed reservation was cancelled. He stammered and gave me an excuse of some issues with a third party vendor of their website, and there was "nothing I can do".
Honestly...I understand glitches happen. Reservations can be overbooked. But to tell me, after my expectation to stay at this location, there is nothing that can be done? This is bad business. I was not offered alternate dates, suggestions of alternate locations....I even said "I can't believe there is nothing you can do for me". Daniel...who seemed nice but not bright...said NO.
Now I travel the world and stay in everything from expensive hotels to RV parks. After I explained to this person I really needed to be in Canton those dates because my elderly parents are exhibiting in the show and I need to be present...."There is nothing I can do". Daniel said this four times.
I'm sorry, but this is bad business, bad service and an overall bad experience without even being in the resort.
I will NEVER stay here and would NEVER recommend anyone else do so either.

Room Tip: Call a nearby RV resort that has bright, friendly and customer servie oriented staff, and avoid this...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hi RodgerP, We appreciate your comments and as we did have some difficulty with our system at the time we regret that you were so inconvenienced by it. I am glad our Guest Service Manager was able to contact you and we thank you for agreeing to come back to our resort. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Texas, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed in cottages for a family gathering. These were cozy and included a kitchen. We did have some trouble regulating temperature for everyone during the night, and the hide-a-bed was awful, lol, but still worth the stay--just good to know beforehand. We enjoyed the pool, and I wish we would have had time to ride bikes and paddle boats and poke around some more. Our family also rented a room to be together for a couple of meals, and I thought the price for what we received was exorbitant. I do not recommend this location for that purpose.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Claire P
Hi ClaireP thank you for your review. We love our family reunions and I am glad you had a good time. I hope you will come back soon and get the chance to enjoy more of the amenities we have. May I suggest that when you make your reservations, ask the Reservation Representative to tell you the cottages that have new sofa sleepers :) Also we do try hard to work with budget so if you are planning an event that needs catering we will do our best to make it work for you. Thank you again!!
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Reserved a campsite from the Internet because it was close to the canton flea market grounds and it had a shuttle - we got much more than that! Our site was a large concrete pad that was level and very easy to back our pop up camper into we had a close walk to the bathhouse, 2 pools, fishing ponds, lodge with small restraunt and live music. The cottages were really nice and there are models open for tours. The trolly picks up every 30 min at 3 different stops and is consistent. Plenty of staff to keep the grounds and bathrooms clean. Bikes, paddle boats and bicycles can be rented for about $5. The only negative is the women's bathhouse was small. The electricity outlets would not work on multiple days. Bottom line - this is a fantastic RV park and we will stay again with them!

• Stayed July 2012
Hello Thepager5, thank you so much for your review. We appreciate the feedback and I am glad you had a great time. We are also a great place to stay during non-first Monday weekends and we have so much to do on the property and in the surrounding areas. I hope you will keep us in mind for you next vacation. We will make sure check on the outlet in the bathhouse, thank you for letting us know. I hope we see you soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Best Western Canton Inn
Motel 6 Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#3 of 6 in Canton
Comfort Suites Near Cedar Creek Lake
Best Western Plus Royal Mountain Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gun Barrel City
Best Western Plus Emory at Lake Fork Inn & Suites

Been to Mill Creek Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!