“Not many options in Canadian, but this place is solid!”

The Cattle Exchange
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Canadian
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in for s quick lunch on a Monday at 12:45, and had no problem getting a booth to spread out and get some work done...but I never got the chance to work because my lunch came out pretty quickly!

I had the sliced brisket sandwich and fries, and it was very good. You order at the front from a big board above the cash register (no menus), and pay then. If you write a tip on your credit card receipt, they give you the tip in cash for you to leave on the table. The brisket itself was fairly tender, and there was much more on the sandwich than I expected. The rest of the plate was covered in shoestring fries.

If you're ever in Canadian, look for this place in the downtown district. It's located on the first floor of the historic Moody building.

There are newer reviews for The Cattle Exchange

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We always stop at this restaurant on our way to Dallas as it has the best BBQ brisket sandwiches and all their entries are served with the best bread pudding to go with it! Definitly worth stopping for :) Be sure to be hungry as the sandwiches are big!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Different type of restaurant. You order from the big board on wall behind desk, but that is no big deal! The food is great and the decor is really nice and rustic. It is a little pricey not real bad but the food is delicious!!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Their steaks are great. They also serve really good Mexican food, pork chops, and chicken. The free bread pudding is delicious.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Many of my friends have told me for years that if I was in Canadian, TX I had to go to the Cattle Exchange and try their bread pudding. Well, today was that day. After a conference we stopped to get a serving of bread pudding to go. The restaurant has a rustic charm, and the smell of bar-b-q, and steaks was so tempting. But we could not stay for dinner. Immediately, once we were in the car we dug into that piping hot bread pudding and it really is so moist, cinnamony, and tasty. Don't know if it is the best I have ever eaten, but as I am just now finishing the last bite, I can't at this moment recall any better! YUM!!!