“Worth the drive”

Camp Verde General Store and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Camp Verde General Store and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Camp Verde
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highways 173 & 480
Bandera, Texas
“Worth the drive”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had read about Camp Verde General Store & Restaurant. I must say it lived up to all the great reviews. We got there about 10:30 & the restaurant doesn't open until 11am. But the general store opens at 9:00, so we looked in there a bit first. There's so much to see in the store (they have two floors) that you can't just whiz through there. We look a little bit, then went to the restaurant when it opened at 11. (no reservations) We had a wonderful waitress named Debbie. She kept an eye on us the whole while we were in there. She was personable, helpful when I asked questions about some of the food, and very attentive to us the whole while we ate, without bothering us. The restaurant plates their food like expensive places do. The wait staff are all dressed like they do in expensive restaurants. The only difference was the prices were NOT expensive! It was wonderful! We both had more than we could eat at one sitting, so we took home enough for supper that night. Their attention to detail is supurb; from the super nice "to go" boxes to the quality of the "take home" bag you carry your "to go" boxes in. Debbie put a thank you note on top of each "to go" box. A nice touch :-) My husband ate the Camp Verde Club Sandwich with chips and I had the Hotsy Totsy Sandwich (without the hot sauce) and homemade fries. My sandwich & fries were delicious!! After eating, we finished looking in the store. It was a lovely place & we definitely will return when we're in the area. We will be happy to take any visitors who may be visiting us, also.

• Visited April 2014

MN
“Great setting and great food!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I ate lunch here with family and friends on March 15, 2014. The room is big but not noisy and nicely decorated, there seems to be a patio for when it's warmer. The service was very good, the food was also. I had a pulled pork sandwich, everyone else loved their food also. The portions are large, coleslaw was very good, a little spicy. Very good! Would definitely return.

• Visited March 2014
kerrville
“Great food in a beautiful setting in Texas Hill Country”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

You get everything you expect in a great restaurant here: quality food, generous portions, reasonable prices, beautiful atmosphere, friendly wait staff. Never had a bad meal here and we've been dining here ever since it opened, at least once a month. Always take home 1/2 of what I am served because it's so delicious and more than I can eat at one sitting, so I get two meals out of the one!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank lilela
Texas
“From good to better....”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I had been going to Camp Verde General Store on a fairly regular basis when we lived in Texas. It was a general store, post office and sandwich shop in the Texas Hill Country situated where the U.S. Army originally experimented with using camels as pack animals. Our last visit was in 2012 before we had to move north.
Apparently their food business was sufficient to warrant a major expansion. Yesterday we went with some friends and saw that they have added an entire new building...., a dedicated restaurant.
Two of us ordered burgers that were both huge and delicious. One in our party ordered a Reuben, and upon seeing it, I was convinced to have that on my next visit. The fries onion rings were exceptional and did not turn soggy as they cooled. Our waiter, Mark, was friendly and efficient. Price were very reasonable.....
If you are looking for a great destination spot coupled with a nice drive through some gorgeous Texas Hill Country I highly recommend Camp Verde General Store. The restaurant is only open from 11A to 3P at this time (they may add dinner later on) so plan your visit appropriately.

• Visited February 2014
“Sunday Afternoon Outing”
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Yesterday's outing to Camp Verde General Store was such fun as well as delicious. My husband was impressed with how good the food was and how affordable it was too. We have added the General Store to our list of favorites.

• Visited February 2014