“Manager not a man of his word...”

Budget Host Inn & Suites Cameron
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cameron
Texas
“Manager not a man of his word...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2009

We were told we could get a discounted room for a family funeral and had booked the room online. When we got to the hotel, we told the clerk we were getting a discount so she rang up the discounted rate and gave us a receipt. When we got our credit card bill the full amount was charged to us. After disputing the bill with the manager, we went through our credit card company and they told us they would challenge the charge. When the manager continued to fight the discount, we gave in to end the contest. I'll never give this man our business again even if we have to stay in Hearne.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TexasGardner
stakeholder, manager at Budget Host Inn & Suites Cameron, responded to this review, March 16, 2010
this person booked room online, at check in he didnot informed about online reservation. he asked to be get room under his familly name. night audit discover that this person checked in as differnt room asked with the clark who check him in. this person didnot informed of online reservation. insted of charging him full noshow rate we just charge him the differance. he protested to credit card company. we provided all information to credit card company they agree with us and gave us online rate. we didnot charge him two time as we shoold have done for no show. we charge him only online rate. and did not charge hom familly rate also as we should have done. when you try to help person they try to be dishonest and take advantege of goodness of management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cameron
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

We have a ranch just north of Cameron. Our extended family (30 people) came from our daughter's wedding in Austin to continue the reunion for two additional days. We spoke with Neal and Yamini, owner/managers of the hotel, several months ahead and they worked to make our guests welcome and comfortable. All reports on the rooms from our family were excellent including service, a/c, pool, breakfast. Glad to have this facility and warmth close by. We'll do it again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
kerrville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

The hotel is very new, clean and comfortable. We only stayed one night, but hope to go back someday. The hotel breakfast area is locked after 9:30 AM, which makes it impossible to get coffee later in the day.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Lubbock, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2007

I stay in Cameron, TX often for buisness and I have to say this hotel is often the highlight of my stay. Nice hotel with friendly staff, nice rooms from bathroom to flat screen TV, free internet, pool, workout room, and breakfast. Truly the nicest place to stay at a reasonable price when visiting Cameron, TX or Milam County.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — The City
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank EGibs
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2007

We travel to Cameron frequently to visit my parents, and have enjoyed our stays at this new Cameron hotel. The rooms are large and clean, with all of the amenities of hotels in larger cities when I travel, including refrigerators, microwaves and flat-screened televisions. The breakfast is good and the hosts are friendly and helpful. A great choice if you are driving through Central Texas, and need a place to stay for the night. A Visitor from Dallas.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — N|A
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank TRR_Dad
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2007

I stay in so many motels. This is one of the best one i have ever stayed in. Large and Clean Room with Big LCD TV. The staff was really friendly. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2007
crockett
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2007

When I first entered the building I was so amazed that a small town could have such a nice hotel. The lobby is so inviting it is like sitting at home in your own living room. The receptionist greets you as soon as you enter the building. They were very nice and available at our every need. The continental breakfast was more than one I have ever seen. This was an extended continental breakfast. The room had a huge bed with enough pillows to make you feel like a queen, and then there was the jacuzzi, oh my God it even had complimentary wine to make even more romantic. The beds were not too soft and not too hard, I can say I had the best night sleep I have ever had in a hotel. In the past when I have stayed in hotels, I was ready to see my own bed. When I left this hotel I wanted to know what kind of bed it was, because I left Budget Host feeling good and relaxed. Now that was money well spent.

• Liked — convience, peaceful, everything inside, entire facility non smoking
  • Disliked — none that I can think of.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank junebugCrockett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cameron
Rainbow Courts
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 4 in Rockdale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hearne

Been to Budget Host Inn & Suites Cameron? Share your experiences!