“Good Food”

Ranked #13 of 25 Restaurants in Cameron
Gause, TX
“Good Food”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Four of us ate at Big Bob's and found the place packed with a special party. We thought the service would be very slow, but it was not. Our server was very good and quite attentive even though she was also serving the big crowd. Our food came promptly and was very good.

Three of us had steaks and one had shrimp. The shrimp were jumbo and quite good although I don't care for the fried batter they use. The steaks were very good, but I have had better and have most definitely had a lot worse! Mine was cooked properly, but my wife's was not. They did offer to take it back, but she chose not not.

The meat was fairly tender and tasty. There is nothing negative I can say, but it just was not good enough for me to give it 5 stars. The atmosphere is quite plain, but comfortable. The staff were friendly and service oriented.

We also had wine, but had to join their club to do so. It cost $3 for the membership for a couple of days. The wine was very good and not expensive. The rib eyes (12 oz) were 19.99. So, for the price of the food I would expect superb steaks. But, that is also a matter of taste. The next person might think they were superb!

I highly recommend this place and I have no problem going back again, but still will not go above 4 stars.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Dan F

Fort Worth, Texas
“Hidden Gem for a great steak!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Bobs is family owned & the best steak in this side of 35! My family has been celebrating birthdays & bringing out of town guest here for decades. You'll receive true Texas size meals & outstanding service. I can't remember a night we've not had the owners stop by everyone's table to just say hi!
Enjoy!!

Cameron, Texas
“Great Place”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

The service was great. Everyone was very friendly. I was there with a large group a.d the service was good. Food was perfect. Had a great time. I will return.

Lott, Texas
“Great Place!!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

If your ever traveling down highway 77 you should stop by you wont be disappointed. This is afamily owned place with great service. The food is great . I have always had my steaks cooked to perfection. If you like chicken fried steak its enough to feed 2 people.With all the fixins.To add a little touch. If you need reading glasses to see a menu they have a pair at each table.I thought that was a nice touch. I have been back several times and its always been good.

• Visited November 2012