“Not Recommend”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Caldwell
Midland, Michigan
“Not Recommend”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The daytime desk clerk was very unpleasant, the gentleman working at night was very nice. The room was very small with no place to hang full length garment bags. Being a person with an allergy to cats, I found it unpleasant to have one wandering the halls and freely roaming in and out of rooms. The continental breakfast was lacking. A sign stating waffles were available from the attendant was a joke. When waffles were requested, we were told that they didn't have any batter. Really! The room I was charged $90 a night for wasn't worth $45.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Deb D
abvicaldwell, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
We would like to apologize that your stay here was anything but pleasant.
We appreciate all comments both positive and negative so that we may learn and grow. We strive to provide the best service to our guests possible.
Again we are very sorry , for your experience and hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Spring
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Clean rooms, Friendly Staff, Even though we were next to common area we did not hear a sound, Continental breakfast was OK but no waffles that I saw, Will stay there again, Don't really have anything else to say but since they require a 200 character minimum I had to type something.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Danny M
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
On behalf of all the staff here, we would like to thank you for your positive feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Americas Best Value Inn. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. All of our staff takes great pride in our property and I am glad that it shows. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Somerville, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I live in the area of this "new" motel (former nursing home). It has been redone so I thought I would call and reserve a room for some friends coming in on the 24th for one night. The rate was really good ....under $60 excluding tax. So I was excited to reserve it only to be told that the price could not be guaranteed. When I asked what they she meant ....I was told that if they have a full house that night that the rates would be higher...maybe much higher. I am calling almost 2 wks ahead and they will not guarantee my rate.....all I can say is "may your rooms remain empty you idiots"!! Post script: I also booked a room in San Antonio for us all on the 25th at a 4 star hotel and guess what ....the price is guaranteed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank houtexgirl47
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We are sorry for the misunderstanding. when a guest makes a reservation, their price is guaranteed . The rates do go up when availability goes down. simply supply and demand. , but if a guest has a reservation they will never pay more than the agreed upon price.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This place was very clean and very spacious. Continental breakfast had great selection like cinnamon rolls and waffles (tasty too!) Wi-fi was fast and free (hard to find nowadays). I've stayed at other hotels and the only difference between this and them is that they are more expensive and their wi-fi isn't free. Bathrooms were clean. My favorite part is being able to connect my iPhone or MP3 player to the alarm clock and have music playing in the morning when I'm getting ready. definitely do recommend staying here. Best hotel in Caldwell

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank ManKip
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here before going to a graduation in College Station. The hotel was clean and the rooms were clean. They had nice flat screen TVs on the wall with satelite TV. Would have liked more channel options for kids. The indoor pool as supposed to be heated but was too cold to swim in. My brother had a regular room and it was a little small, we stayed in the jacuzzi suite and the room was huge for only a little bit more money. Overall we had a pleasant experience and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. The drive in to College Station was super quick and easy.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for the jacuzzi suite if you want a lot of extra space!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sabshire
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank You for being our Guest! All guest reviews help us to make our property even better. I appreciate your comments and will be addressing your concerns to make all of our guest's stays the best they can be!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I live near Houston, and have been working in Caldwell since October. I was unhappy at the first hotel in which I tried in Caldwell, so I gave ABVI a shot when I returned the second week. I have been coming back to ABVI week after week because it is clean, secure, and staffed by very knowledgeable and caring people. The back doors are locked and secure, and the rates are very reasonable. I would recommend this place to anyone needing a place in Caldwell.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Joe B
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Texas, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2013

just recently stayed here and wasn't expecting much considering from the reviews, but i've got to say this place really exceeded expectations. the rooms were so clean and so comfortable! slept like a baby! my favorite part of the hotel was the alarm clock with an auxiliary cord so i can connect it to my iPhone and listen to it through the alarm clock's speakers :) complimentary breakfast and high speed wifi connection were superb! bathroom was clean & it somewhat felt like a miniature verison of a mariott condensed in to a fewer than 60 rooms. definitely do recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank K_M56754
Thank you for providing such positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I have passed your comments along to the rest of the hotel management team, as it is our number one goal to make every guest feel at home when they stay with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caldwell
#1 of 1 in Somerville
#1 of 14 in Bryan
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 4 in Rockdale

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!