“Great Stay For The Money”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Caldwell
Spring
“Great Stay For The Money”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Clean rooms, Friendly Staff, Even though we were next to common area we did not hear a sound, Continental breakfast was OK but no waffles that I saw, Will stay there again, Don't really have anything else to say but since they require a 200 character minimum I had to type something.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Danny M
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
On behalf of all the staff here, we would like to thank you for your positive feedback. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Americas Best Value Inn. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review. All of our staff takes great pride in our property and I am glad that it shows. We are looking forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Somerville, Texas
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I live in the area of this "new" motel (former nursing home). It has been redone so I thought I would call and reserve a room for some friends coming in on the 24th for one night. The rate was really good ....under $60 excluding tax. So I was excited to reserve it only to be told that the price could not be guaranteed. When I asked what they she meant ....I was told that if they have a full house that night that the rates would be higher...maybe much higher. I am calling almost 2 wks ahead and they will not guarantee my rate.....all I can say is "may your rooms remain empty you idiots"!! Post script: I also booked a room in San Antonio for us all on the 25th at a 4 star hotel and guess what ....the price is guaranteed!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank houtexgirl47
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We are sorry for the misunderstanding. when a guest makes a reservation, their price is guaranteed . The rates do go up when availability goes down. simply supply and demand. , but if a guest has a reservation they will never pay more than the agreed upon price.
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This place was very clean and very spacious. Continental breakfast had great selection like cinnamon rolls and waffles (tasty too!) Wi-fi was fast and free (hard to find nowadays). I've stayed at other hotels and the only difference between this and them is that they are more expensive and their wi-fi isn't free. Bathrooms were clean. My favorite part is being able to connect my iPhone or MP3 player to the alarm clock and have music playing in the morning when I'm getting ready. definitely do recommend staying here. Best hotel in Caldwell

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank ManKip
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We stayed here before going to a graduation in College Station. The hotel was clean and the rooms were clean. They had nice flat screen TVs on the wall with satelite TV. Would have liked more channel options for kids. The indoor pool as supposed to be heated but was too cold to swim in. My brother had a regular room and it was a little small, we stayed in the jacuzzi suite and the room was huge for only a little bit more money. Overall we had a pleasant experience and the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. The drive in to College Station was super quick and easy.

Room Tip: Spend a little more for the jacuzzi suite if you want a lot of extra space!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sabshire
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank You for being our Guest! All guest reviews help us to make our property even better. I appreciate your comments and will be addressing your concerns to make all of our guest's stays the best they can be!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I live near Houston, and have been working in Caldwell since October. I was unhappy at the first hotel in which I tried in Caldwell, so I gave ABVI a shot when I returned the second week. I have been coming back to ABVI week after week because it is clean, secure, and staffed by very knowledgeable and caring people. The back doors are locked and secure, and the rates are very reasonable. I would recommend this place to anyone needing a place in Caldwell.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Joe B
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Texas, Australia
Reviewed April 12, 2013

just recently stayed here and wasn't expecting much considering from the reviews, but i've got to say this place really exceeded expectations. the rooms were so clean and so comfortable! slept like a baby! my favorite part of the hotel was the alarm clock with an auxiliary cord so i can connect it to my iPhone and listen to it through the alarm clock's speakers :) complimentary breakfast and high speed wifi connection were superb! bathroom was clean & it somewhat felt like a miniature verison of a mariott condensed in to a fewer than 60 rooms. definitely do recommend!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank K_M56754
Thank you for providing such positive feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I have passed your comments along to the rest of the hotel management team, as it is our number one goal to make every guest feel at home when they stay with us. We appreciate your comments and look forward to your next visit!
Irving, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Worst hotel experience ever.
Negatives:
-rude staff
-cheap TV, the proportions of which couldn't be set appropriately--though you can toggle several ill-fitting dimensions (and who has 3 Fox stations!)
-dirty premises
-unkempt lawn
-no locks on external doors
-beat up bed frame
-stained carpet
-damp towels when we arrived
-no "Do Not Disturb" sign to keep the maid from seeing me naked*
-everything about it is bad, I don't have the whole year to keep listing, or I would and could

Positives:
-I am no longer there.

*Nicest person there was the cleaning girl... who was in my room when I woke up--au naturale--at 9:05 and that is a 100% true statement.

The staff was ridiculously bad. Wouldn't even stand up when I arrived. I don't ask for unnecessary formality, but when I have to stretch under the window to pass you my credit card, which you should not have needed as the person reserving my room also instructed you that she was paying with the same card used to reserve the room (a fact you dispute and refuse to check into) your service skills are nil.

Outside my window, first thing I saw upon checking out the room and drawing back the curtain, was a tacky blue house with a shirtless, hairy man watering his yard.

Several of us were staying at this place for a wedding we were attending and the horror stories were innumerable. I won't tell you the horror stories they had, but mine sounded like a downright pleasant experience in comparison.

Room Tip: If you have to drive 50 miles out of the way to stay somewhere else, do it. This place is HORRIFIC.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jared C

Travelers are raving about these Caldwell hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Caldwell
#1 of 1 in Somerville
Best Western Premier Bryan College Station
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
#2 of 4 in Rockdale

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!