“Horrible horrible horrible!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Caldwell
“Horrible horrible horrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

there is no communication they charge your credit card for any little extra thing instead of communicating with you first before hand, than when we asked them about it they are quick to get very agressive and clearly state rasist comments hoping to cause drama so they can kick you out or call the police which is very unprofessional. If my creditcard is charged without my permission I have a right to ask the reasons why! I will never come back and wish I could give them 0 stars!

Stayed July 2012
2 Thank aadaysha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

This place has terrible parking, management, and security. They have key card readers on the front doors that give you false sense of security since the doors on the backside of the hotel are not keyed. The back side of the hotel also is the side that faces a not very nice neighborhood. Anyone can just walk in and has full access to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank grummin

Travelers are raving about these Caldwell hotels

Eddy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

If I could choose zero stars to review this hotel I would. Instead of handling customer complaints, this hotel chooses to use the local police department to handle situations for them which turned into two likely unlawful arrests on hotel property. Customers complaining about an AC unit that had been out for over 24 hours were met by police due to the clerk's unwillingness to call a maintenance person. The overnight clerk hands out room keys to anyone that asks and doesn't require identification, I would not suggest booking a room here in fear of someone you don't know making their way into your room in the middle of the night. If you value your safety this is not the place for you! When I approached the desk to speak with the clerk he had shut off the lights and gone into a back office to hide. I will not be returning to an America's Best Value Inn in any city.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. This place is an old nursing home and parking for only one wing of the pro...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Morgan G
abvicaldwell, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was so unpleasant, however, we do appreciate all feedback both positive and negative so that we may strive to continually improve and be the best we can be.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Me and my 2 small daughters went to join my husband for 2 nights while he was on an extended business trip. The hotel staff was very kind and helpful when we arrived. My husband was not there and we had no key to enter the room. It was no big deal to them and they just gave us a key card to let ourselves in. The entire facility was very clean throughout. No smells of smoke or animals or old and grunginess. I was very impressed with the quietness throughout the halls. It's a small town and appears mostly business occupants are the frequent stays. They didn't have roll out beds available but provided us with abundant blankets to set a pallet on the floor for our kids. I'd recommend that you bring your own pillow and a small table fan if you want the most comfortable sleep. The beds were pretty firm with no pillow-top so don't expect to wake without body ache. The pool is indoors and was very clean, but small, regardless it was quiet during the day. Some parts of the hotel were still being renovated as the facility used to be a nursing home prior to being transformed into a hotel. I would go back without hesitation but with my own pillow.

Room Tip: Take your own pillow and table top fan for a more comfortable sleep. No rollout beds available.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Mercedesmomma68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caldwell
#1 of 1 in Somerville
Best Western PREMIER Bryan College Station
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
Days Inn Rockdale Texas
#2 of 4 in Rockdale

Been to Americas Best Value Inn? Share your experiences!