“We will not be returning”
Review of The Radnor Arms

The Radnor Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Coleshill
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Quintessential English pub set in a National Trust Village. Traditional for tourists yet forward looking for today. Food served lunchtimes and evenings. All day food on Saturdays. , Real Ale on tap from our own Microbrewery, The Old Forge Brewery. Large garden area with quirky tables and chairs with a stream running through and a children's play area.
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I went to the Radnor with my partner and a few friends for Sunday dinner. We had previously been and enjoyed our food but on this occasion I was bitterly disappointed. My roast cost 9.95 and they had used frozen potatoes, cabbage which was revolting, dry chicken and a Yorkshire that wasn't even cooked. Prior to this the starter was tiny and when my partner complained he was told that it was tiny so he had room for his main. The pub itself is lovely and old but the food was a real turn off and we won't be returning!.

RadnorArms, Manager at The Radnor Arms, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Firstly, Thanks for taking the time to report your concerns. I am disappointed that your visit to us was not a memorable one like the ones before. However, I can assure you that our roast potatoes are not frozen ones and that the cabbage and chicken is cooked as it always is and has been enjoyed by many before and will continue to be so. I am disappointed that you felt the starter was not of a satisfactory size and I will try and find out from my staff as to what starter this was. I am concerned that you did not enjoy this meal and if you wish to discuss with me please ring The Radnor Arms as I do not want customers leaving The Radnor unhappy and saying they are not returning to my pub. Thanks again for feedback. Andy

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was visiting the Swindon area with US business colleagues and had asked for recommendations in the area for a traditional English country pub serving food and was given the Radnor Arms. We could not have been more satisfied. We were welcomed as we entered the bar and swiftly shown to a table. Unsure of which beer to order we were given samples to try and settled on 2 varieties both had been expertly brewed and were thoroughly enjoyed by all. The food menu is varied and we chose the Beef Pie, Fish and Chips, Sausages and a vegetarian Rissotto all the meals were well cooked, well seasoned and the portion size left just enough room for dessert! The desserts were not quite as good as the main courses and they did not have any sticky toffee pudding however, the chocolate pudding was still good.

1  Thank Andrew R
RadnorArms, Manager at The Radnor Arms, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thanks for the comments. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your visit to The Radnor Arms and if you ever back in the area please pop in and enjoy The Sticky Toffee Pudding. It will be here waiting. Thanks again. Andy

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Happened upon this place by chance today, family of 4. Lovely simple interior, and great to go somewhere that has not been ruined by fake-continental cuisine. Absolutely no pretentious goat's cheese/drizzled oil nonsense, we have a beautiful shank of lamb roast, perfection. This may be the last place in the UK when you can get a decently-priced, beautifully cooked simple and honest English pub food. Lovely service, too

1  Thank larkrise36

Thank you so much for your comments. It is nice to be recognised for the hard work we have put in. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Andy.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I hope to be able to offer a balanced view of the Radnor, even though we have had in the past some excellent times and in addition some real horror show events. So much so last year we had to complain about the food, service and management, direct to the owner who I believe lives in Lechlade. Things did improve earlier this year but we heard that once again the team had changed. This guy has had more mangers than Roman Abromovitch. Because we love the pub building and location so much we again visited the pub last month, on the Bank Holiday Sunday. Overall a good lunch with reasonable food and friendly service. I could list a number of items that just weren't correct from there being no wine list to poor vegetarian options but this did not detract too much and there was endevour from the staff and assurances that these would be dealt with. All in all despite the owners apparent mission to deter all who work and visit the Radnor this latest visit bodes well for its future.

RadnorArms, Manager at The Radnor Arms, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent visit to The Radnor Arms. This team of professionals I have now set up are working round the clock to improve the reputation of The Radnor Arms. The wine list is now available and has been for the last 3 weeks. The menu is changing to the winter menu on 1st October so we look forward to welcoming you back to sample the delights that the chef will be cooking. As you said a lot of managers by the owner and things did slip but the owner was out of action for sometime due to a jaw replacement due to having mouth cancer and did what he could to keep the Radnor Arms running. As I hope you have witnessed from your recent visit his newly appointed team are a good team and are here to stay and have a lot of support and guidance from the owner. Thanks again for leaving feedback.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

first impressions was it looked nice from the outside, so we thought the food would be nice too, but we order our food, but we were wrong, it came to quickly, I order sausage egg and chips, which was disappointing as they overcooked the sausages which was black,have not be cooked freshly,my partner had the fish and chips with mushy peas which he not enjoy it was very greasy and not best fish and chips his has had. but only good point very nice staff.

RadnorArms, Manager at The Radnor Arms, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for the taking the time to leave your comments about your visit to The Radnor Arms. I am disappointed that it was not altogether an enjoyable experience. The comments reference the food have been taken on board and will be corrected. Had this been mentioned on the day of your visit we would have corrected this for you straight away as it is our policy to give 100% customer satisfaction. I am really pleased that you have commented on how nice the staff are - We are a recently formed team and I guarantee we are doing everything we can to take The Radnor Arms forward. Thanks again for your honesty and we look forward to seeing you again at The Radnor Arms.