We visited this pub for Sunday lunch - 3 adults and 2 children. We have visited a number of times over the past 5 or 6 years and always had a very good experience. Unfortunately not today. Probably the only positive aspect was the excellent children's play area which meant that at least they were happy.
Otherwise the quality of the food and the service was poor. In particular:
1. Both the Chicken and Beef were very dry and tough. It was almost impossible to cut the beef with the knife provided.
2. When we arrived there was only one real ale on - however this was very flat and did not taste fresh. This appeared to run out and apparently there was no more ale.
3. The waitresses did not seem to know what they were doing. It took a long time for anything to happen.
4. No one checked back to see if everything was OK with our meals.
5. When the bill came one disk was put down as more expensive than shown on the menu (this was corrected when challenged).
Hopefully we visited on a bad day as this place has so much potential.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.