“Good home style country cooking”

Highlander Restaurant LLC
Ranked #9 of 36 Restaurants in Burnet
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The Highlander has been a mainstay in Burnet for years, and I have eaten there many times. It has seen some renovations, expansion, and updating in recent years, but it is still your basic, small town, all-you-can-eat buffet restaurant. It is a particularly popular spot on Fridays when seafood is highlighted. The actual buffet contents vary daily throughout the week, but chicken fried steak is usually present, and it is my favorite in the Burnet area. My wife especially likes the salad bar because the ingredients are always so very fresh. There is also a breakfast buffet, and items can always be ordered off the menu if you can't face the choices created by the buffet.

1  Thank David H

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I came here because of the reviews I saw in trip advisor. We had the lunch buffet, it was ok for a small town restaurant. I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because I'm from a big city and used to the mega buffets, so this one seemed limited. Service was good. The place is hunting themed, there are stuffed animals all around.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Great Food. Good selection on Buffett Menu. Good Atmosphere. Reasonably Priced for Buffet Meal. Has a Great Breakfast Buffet on the Weekends. Highly Recommended.

Thank ISRAEL R. P
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We have eaten here numerous times and always are happy with the food and service. Salad bar is well stocked and fresh. Food is hot and tasty. Prices are very reasonable. We do not agree with the negative reviews at all, and we are pretty particular about our dining experience.

1  Thank Tom J
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Good country food at a good price. It is one of the best places to eat in the Hill Country. People giving bad reviews are not eating at the same place we are.

Been to Highlander Restaurant LLC? Share your experiences!