“GREAT MEMORY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY”

Highlander Restaurant LLC
Ranked #15 of 36 Restaurants in Burnet
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet
Livingston, Texas
“GREAT MEMORY WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY”
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Took my wife and small nephew there for dinner after church. Buffet was FABULOUS! Service was as fine as I ever received! Price is really reasonable! From the cashier to the waitstaff, everyone was just as friendly and as personable as you'd want to experience! We go to Burnet to visit Family and as such don't eat out much during the visits, HOWEVER.. The Highlander is now on our list of "Have to"s for next year.

• Visited May 2011

Texas
“OK, but certainly nothing special”
Reviewed August 15, 2010

I pass through Burnet almost weekly, and have eaten at the Highlander twice in the past month. Both times I can say that the food is good, but certainly nothing special. The chicken fried steak, baked chicken, fried clams, catfish and fried chicken were all good. Don't expect to be impressed by the side dishes, like corn and green beans straight from a can. When I go to a place that claims home cooking, I hate to see instant mashed potatoes! I have only eaten the buffet, which is small, with four entrees, four vegetables and a salad bar. The desserts are ok, but again nothing special.
Don't look for much in the way of atmosphere. You walk into the restaurant through displays of fishing tackle. The dining room is dark, I think to hide the carpet. Wait service has been slow on both occasions.
Overall, ok food, slow service, no atmosphere, all for about $8 per person.

1 Thank genelary
Jacksonville, Florida
“Our Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed May 15, 2010

My husband and I drive about an hour from Fort Hood to eat at The Highlander a couple times a month (sometimes more often). We love the chicken friend steak sandwich the most, but also have enjoyed their steak, cheeseburgers, salads, and buffet. The food is priced well, and is yummy! The staff is very friendly and helpful. We love the atmosphere. It is very "country" and the decor is very outdoorsy and Texas.

1 Thank Kristi6
Boerne texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place to stop”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

Several times a year we travel from the Boerne-San Antonio area to Ft. Worth area. We always stop in Burnet and drop by the Highlander. The Restaurant has been here a long time and the current owners are the daughter and Son in law of the last owers, that was the first good sign that the food would be ok. Upon arrival I was pleasantly suprised with the fairly large choices on the buffet, large for such a small town. the wait staff was friendly, effecient, and kind. the managers were very friendly. the owner is a former meat cutter and knows his cuts of meat. the food was top quality and even the large fish tank made the place extremely enjoyable. the cedar posts add a rustic native american touch to the place, and we could not help but notice that most of the locals eat there. all in all I would rate the experiences, and they have been many, with a 5, it is worth the stop when you are traveling through town! Dan Beatty Boerne, Texas

1 Thank DanBoernetexas
Burnet, Texas
“Simple and Limited Buffet but GOOD Food”
Reviewed October 18, 2009

Most folks go here for the buffet. They also have a reasonably full "order" menu. It is inexpensive, lots of the locals eat here, especially the retirees and families with children.

I can't say that it is anything "special", but it is good. No reason to travel here for it, but if here and you want reasonably priced meal with lots of good basic food, and don't want Mexican or BBQ, then this is the place to go.

1 Thank crusty_coyote

Been to Highlander Restaurant LLC? Share your experiences!