Painted Sky Inn
Best Western Post Oak Inn(Burnet)(Great Value!)
$90
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet(Burnet)(Great Value!)
$89
$79
Priceline
$65
Motel 6 Marble Falls(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
$59
Best Western Marble Falls Inn(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
$82
BestWestern.com
Quality Inn Marble Falls(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
$85
Hill Country Motel(Marble Falls)
$65
Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
$129
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Marble Falls(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
$98
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfire pitlake buchananrat raceget awayfishing polesgreat fishing pierplaces to visitthe perfect spotprivate boatsmores kitburner cooktopr rfamily reunionup to dateskewerslake viewrooms are clean
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Booked last minute for a short family getaway for New Years, 2013-2014. Very family friendly, we have two small children and it was perfect for them. They have a playground on site, a large yard to play in and canoe rentals with life-jackets small enough for a 3-year old. They have a great fire pit where they built the fire and even provided the items needed for smores. And on celebrate New Years they even set off fireworks! Rooms were very clean I had no problem letting my 10 month old crawl everywhere in the house we rented. I would love to come back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank tashmj
Denise L, Owner at Painted Sky Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2015

We are so glad that you brought your family out for New Year's Eve and that you enjoyed it so much. We like to be that place that you can get away, enjoy the holiday without having to deal with a crowd. New Year's Eve is normally pretty quiet out here and such a benefit that you can bring your children and shoot off fireworks if you want to. We hope you come back and see us again!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The inn is situated on a lake that is, sadly, 33 feet low due to the extended drought. They still have enough water for canoeing and fishing. The rooms are freshly remodeled and clean. The beds are comfortable, which is important when you have had a busy day traveling or exploring. The rooms come with kitchenettes and the basics for cooking, and a grill behind each room facing the lake and the beautiful view of the lake and hills. Burnet, Texas is close for grocery shopping. If you want a cozy retreat with a lovely view you should stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RoadRashTX

I love your user name! You seem to do a lot of traveling and with that brings lots of experiences with hotels. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here, found it comfortable, clean and cozy. The three "C's" :), is what we aim for. Your comments give us added incentive to continue on this path and improve. We hope you can come back and stay with us in the future.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Painted Sky Inn is a little piece of paradise. The drive out was beautiful and the inn was just perfect for a short getaway. Kayaking was great, easy access to the water and fishing was great too. Denise, the owner and manager, was super helpful and I can't wait to return. Didn't take the kids this time, but I know they would have a good time if we did.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denise L, Owner at Painted Sky Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing us for what I imagine was a much needed time away! We are so close to Austin that you aren't spending all day to get away! It was great that you took the kayaks out and explored the area. I think you all caught a bunch of catfish off the island if I remember correctly. I hope to see you back here with the family and the next time you need to escape the hustle and bustle. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time here and so appreciate your review. Denise

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I decided to take a last minute getaway from Austin with our 15 month old son. We decided to book the 2 room cabin so we'd have a separate room and wouldn't have to be quiet once we put our son to sleep. The lake was extremely low but my husband was still able to fish off the pier and on his tube. The hotel was very clean and nice and Denise is a wonderful, accommodating host. The view was gorgeous and we enjoyed sitting outside in the evenings. It would be nice if the hotel was a little closer to town, but Denise warned us when we made our reservation so we were prepared. We had a great time and will definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank avacorinne30

Thank you so much for coming here and making us your last minute vacation stop. It was so great seeing your husband float out and fish in his tube. Your right, we aren't very close to town and it takes 20 minutes to get to gas and grocery but the good news for staying here is that you can cook your meals and don't have to eat out of a cooler or in a restaurant if you don't want to. One of these days, I'll find someone who will put a food truck out here and we'll have all that covered. Hope to see you guys back soon. Weather is cooler and the fish are biting! Thank you so much for your review. Denise

Reviewed September 2, 2013

From the decks of the Inn we enjoyed the beautiful sunsets that inspired the name of the Inn. Denise was an exceptional host, was on sight the entire time, knew the area well and places to recommend and made us feel right at home. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. The only thing that could have made it better would be if the lake was back to normal levels. Beyond that, I would recommend to anyone wanting to get away to a quite little getaway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you felt at home here. It's such a little intimate place that you need to feel at home. The sunsets are what I consider to be a primary feature too and I'm so blessed to have a sister who was talented enough to get the name right. Being a getaway place is what we want to be for our guests and I so appreciate you recommending us for that to others. You don't have to have high water levels to take a nice quiet and relaxing break in a scenic place. Thank you for taking time to review us! Hope see you again soon! Denise