“Celebrating our 21st Anniversary”
Review of Painted Sky Inn

Painted Sky Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Burnet B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Both my husband and I work 24/7 and could not get away for an extended period of time. On March the 23, we celebrated our 21st Anniversary. I knew we wanted to get away for a few days to honor this huge benchmark in our lives and we decided to visit Painted Sky Inn. I solely did this by reviewing the reviews on Tripadvisor. I can honestly say, we had the PERFECT Anniversary, Thanks to Denise and Painted Sky Inn

Room Tip: All the rooms are marvelous! I can honestly say, There could be nothing wrong in this place of total...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gina A
DeniseLBurnet_TX, Owner at Painted Sky Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Wow! What a milestone for your relationship to be celebrating your 21st Anniversary and to pick us from our reviews is truly humbling. We value these reviews more than anything else because we know they will make someone's decision. It's thanks to you and everyone else who spends some of their precious time to talk about their experience that helps us improve and grow as a business. It motivates us to keep things on a higher level, to keep maintaining and improving everyday. When you work 24/7 and need somewhere to go and relax, we want to be that place that gives you that retreat that you seek. I'm glad that you found that in us. Thank you so much!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Our family of 5 visited Painted Sky Inn for spring break, and had a nice, relaxing day to wind down our week of hectic traveling. The inn is on a peninsula with water on 3 sides, the view is gorgeous. Room is clean with outdoor area with table overlooking the lake. Denise and Craig were more than helpful with games and setting up water sports, and offering help at every turn. It's a great place to relax and enjoy the nature, and with extremely friendly staff. Nothing is better than enjoying the picturesque sunset with family at the Painted Sky Inn...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank YU Z

I'm so glad we were a part of your Spring Break outings. We are honored every time a person or family decides to spend their precious time with us. Our goal is to be the place to come stay, play, relax and savor the environment. We appreciate you telling others about us. We hope you will come back again!

Reviewed December 18, 2011

This place is a Texas Gem just outside Austin. You really need to check it out. Comfortable updated rooms, and an owner host who just can't be beat. Prices are exceptionally reasonable. If you want a getaway in TX, this is it.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite is the best.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ken K

Your words and your photos are priceless! Thank you so much! The Blue Heron is still hanging around here and helping to beautify the place. Your photo is just stunning of him. We hope to see you all again in 2012!

Reviewed December 15, 2011

My Husband and I spent Thanksgiving eve at this lovely Inn, and it was a wonderful experience. The rooms are refreshingly simple, clean and have a zen-like quality to them. The rooms all have beautiful views of the lake. It was heavenly to soak in the peace and quiet and to watch the spectacular Texas sunset from the patio outside our room. The owner, Denise, couldn't be nicer. She made sure that everything was to our liking, kindly offered recommendations of things to do in the area, and was in general friendly and inviting while also giving us our space. It was a very enjoyable experience and we can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
DeniseLBurnet_TX, Owner at Painted Sky Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

Thank you so much for your time to review us. I'm thrilled to know that you all had such a great time here. I so love it when someone uses the word "Zen" to describe the feel of the place. I aim for that peaceful and clean look for the rooms and landscaping and will continue to work on that. It's my goal for you to feel comfortable, relaxed and enjoy what you are seeing and doing. The location does a lot of the work for me but I want the place to compliment the environment. Your words are such an encouragement. Thank you very much and please come again!

Reviewed December 13, 2011

We had planned a bay fishing trip that fell though due to weather so I frantically looked for some place to go that had something for everyone. My SO who doesn't like crowds but loves nature, my daughter that does love "stuff to do," her SO who wants to do things he hasn't done before, and I wanted to enjoy myself as well. I found this place and it is a gem. I had a hard time checking in because an osprey flew by as I was looking out the window. We had plans for that first afternoon but the guys got their fishing poles and took off. We did go into both Burnet and Marble Falls, and did some Christmas stuff, checked out the CCC buildings at Longhorn Caverns, looked at the Bald Eagles, ate at Canyon of the Eagles, and other things. But mostly we just walked the QUIET shoreline. Too bad the water was down, but it was still wonderful. It was like the best of a B&B (active onsite owners) and renting a house (although I only cooked breakfast). We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the house instead of getting two rooms but there is something for anyone. Small rooms...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Keepsakefarm

I'm so glad you all enjoyed yourselves here and I'm very grateful that you took the time to post your comments. I'm inspired by the information you gave me about the Osprey sightings and how other potential guests would love to know about what kind of birds we have hanging around here. It was also fun to see your guys take out the kayaks and especially try out our Freedom Kayak. It's so nice to get the kind feedback from you as our guest that there are an assortment of things to do here and around. The area is so refreshing and offers so much for those needing to get out of their busy places and just relax. I'm glad you found that here. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you all back here soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2011

Painted sky is really a cool place to spend a weekend or an extended weekend. Me and my other two friend with our families enjoyed the stay in Painted Sky Inn. It was just a pure joy and enjoyment. As soon as we reached there we were welcomed by Denise who is owner and Manager also. She personally came twice to enquire weather everything is fine?
The Lakeview Deck was simply great! When you have couple of families you should book the Lakeview Den. The view is great, The Den is Great, the Den house is also beautiful and cozy to stay. Well equipped kitchen with all the stuff needed to cook adds more values when Husband cooks and family enjoys it!
The barbeque just add spice to your joy and makes it sweet and spicy. We freaked out on the Barbequed yummy Paneer Tikka (Cottage Cheese) it was simply unbeatable.
Painted Sky has a beautiful sunset view from almost all of the locations. The painted sky’s sunset is really memorable and a experience by itself. We all forget the beauty of sunset in our fast city life. The experience just rejuvenates one from internally and gives you a refreshing feeling. The beautiful views and sunset makes the Pained sky a paradise for Shutter-buggers like me. I enjoyed my hobby like anything here. The Painted Sky Inn really becomes ‘Painted Sky’ at the time of Sunset!
The couple of nights we spent here were quite cold but still we enjoyed the evening and night on the Deck. The TV in the living room took care of all the kids when we were busy in Barbeque and stuff. As night fall we started counting the stars!
The camp fire by Craig not only gave the warmth but also filled our hearts with the warm hospitality which we received at Painted Sky. I think Painted sky deserves once more!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Amol_11
DeniseLBurnet_TX, Owner at Painted Sky Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

Thank you so much for your generous words and what an extraordinary photo that you posted with it! What a sweet group of family and friends that you all are. It was so nice to see you all take the kids out on the canoes and kayaks and it was fun to watch the kids on the playscape and enjoying the place. It's such a joy to know that people are having a good time and I appreciate so much your feedback here on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed November 26, 2011

We just spent two nights with Denise at her Painted Sky Inn---wonderful!! It's a great spot on the lake and her newly remodeled inn made us feel right at home. We went there for a mountain biking weekend (excellent riding close by) and were very, very glad that we stayed there. We will be back with friends again! Thanks Denise!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Randy J

Thank you so much for the awesome review! We are so glad you enjoyed it. We have been working to get the adventure enthusiasts who are going to Reveille Peak Ranch to check us out. Your review will help that effort a lot. We look forward to seeing you back again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnet
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet
Hampton Inn Marble Falls-On The Lake
Best Western Post Oak Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Marble Falls
Horseshoe Bay Resort
Horseshoe Bay Resort
#1 of 1 in Horseshoe Bay
The Vineyard B&B at Lost Creek Ranch

Been to Painted Sky Inn? Share your experiences!