“Last to visit, best of the list. Great experience.”
Review of Perissos Vineyards

Perissos Vineyards
Ranked #3 of 20 things to do in Burnet
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Perissos Vineyards was our last winery visit on our Independence Day weekend Hill Country wine tour. We almost didn't go as we were full from lunch and getting tired. What a mistake that would have been! This ended up being our favorite winery visit of the weekend. First their location is beautiful and you're greeted with a vine lined drive back to their tasting room. The hills surrounding the winery remind me of Napa Valley. They were busy but it took no time for them to get us seated and our tasting started. I love that they seat you and the servers bring the tastings to you. Unique for the wineries we visited. Our server Hannah was very friendly and knowledgeable about the wines we tasted that day. I must say that in our group of 4 we enjoyed each and every one of the 6 wines (actually 8 since we joined the club) we tasted. Unusual again. What really topped off the visit was when the owners Seth and Laura introduced themselves and spent a little time explaining the vineyards, their building plans, and their whole passion and future plans for the winery. I'm sure it was a sacrifice to take that time out of their day to spend with a few "new" customers. We'll be back for sure and look forward to their future wine offerings. We can't wait to visit again to pick up our first wine club delivery in October!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a great little winery out in BFE in the Hill Country of Texas. I had never heard of it until I read about it here on trip advisor. They are open noon to 5 PM for summer hours, but be sure and check their website for more info. For $10, you get to taste 3 whites and 3 reds. The customer service is incredible, and the minute my glass was empty, an employee came to check on me. Every one of them is super friendly and incredibly polite. I believe one of the people who came over was the owner. He also shook my hand on the way out and thanked me for coming and extended an invitation back. Just awesome!
My favorite white wine was Lucy, and my favorite red was Bella. The port is smooth, smooth, smooth. The wines are a little pricey for me running from $26-$50 a bottle. They are very good quality, and they are sold only in a select few stores in Austin. You can join their wine club and get a 25% discount.
I was very impressed with the wine and the people. The place was absolutely packed today, too, and not one employee was put out. There is an outdoor stting area as well as a good sized seating area indoors. Two big (Newfoundland and a German Shepherd), friendly, well-behaved and very cool dogs roam the place. I think they add to the coolness factor. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We took a half day trip to Burnet to check out the Perissos Vineyards. Several of the wineries I have visited in Central Texas do not produce wine that I would pay for. We weren't sure what to expect so were pleasantly surprised when the first wine served in our sampling was very good. I'm not a wine guy. I can't discuss hints of this and notes of that. I just know if I like it or not. Out of the six wines we sampled we had three favorites but they were all good. Now I know wine is a very personal thing;some may like the wines at Perissos, others may not. What everyone will like about Perissos is the people who work there. You find yourself surrounded by folks who genuinely like people and love wine. They are rightly proud of what they do there and enjoy showing it to visitors. The tasting room is a little small but they are building additional space. From my experience there, Perissos is going to need it.

1  Thank Robert I
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited Perissos with friends (their third trip!) while visiting nearby Inks Lake State Park this past weekend. It's a family run operation on 15 acres, and the wines are very good. $10 gets you a tasting of about 8 different wines. Our favorites were the white Sweet Lucy and red Bella. Prices per bottle ran $25 to $47.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I visited Perissos vineyard on March 17 2013. The vineyard is out of the way, a GPS is recommend. They are open from 12-5, we were the first to arrive. The hostess was friendly and welcoming.
There is a price choice on the wine tasting from $5 -$10 each. We did the $5 which was 2 whites and 3 reds. only 1 red wine and 1 port is local to this vineyard, disappointing to us since we were interested in local grown Texas wines.
We did enjoy and purchase the two local grown wines. It was a small vineyard, but worth the visit. Take your time the drive is seine and enjoyable.

4  Thank Teresa O

Been to Perissos Vineyards? Share your experiences!