“Lovely Wine Tasting in the Vineyard!”
Review of Perissos Vineyards

Perissos Vineyards
Ranked #3 of 19 things to do in Burnet
Austin, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lovely Wine Tasting in the Vineyard!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I visited Perissos Vineyard with another couple when we were camping at Inks Lake State Park. It's just a short drive, so we figured why not? We had a BLAST! The vineyard itself is so pretty, even though the vines are not in bloom right now. There were a plethora of picnic tables very near the vineyard and under the shade of gorgeous trees. We chose to sit outside at a picnic table, but there was also seating inside if the weather is not to your liking.

The tasting is $10 for 6 of their wines. They provide a printout of their tasting notes so you can read about the wine you are enjoying (or about to enjoy). The employees walk around filling up your glass, going in the order they lay out. We had about 4 different people walk by to fill up our glasses, and each was super nice, knowledgeable, and passionate. There's nothing worse than going to a wine tasting where the employees seem like they have no idea about the wine. Not here! Each person we talked to had extensive knowledge of each of the wines we tasted as well as those not on the tasting menu. Not only were they knowledgeable about the wines, but about the winery itself. It seemed like they were all close friends with the owners.

Now about the wines themselves-- DANG! So delicious. The whites were on the sweet side, which I'm not a huge fan of, but they were still so, so good! The reds were super yummy, with the Syrah being my favorite. I'm pretty sure if that's the only wine I could drink for the rest of my life, I would be fine with that.

Although the tastings end at 5:00, we stayed a bit late to finish off our glasses of wine and to take a peak inside the building where the wine is held. They didn't seem to mind that we stayed late. But they DID mind when we tried to take the wine glasses with us at the end-- OOPS! We thought it was part of the tasting. It's not. So don't make that mistake.

I will definitely visit Perissos again when we're in the area!

Visited February 2013

Been to Perissos Vineyards? Share your experiences!