“decent BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Oskaloosa, Kansas
“decent BBQ”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We like this BBQ place. It is a cafeteria style set up. Go through the line and pick what you want including some yummy deserts.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Amber B

Round Rock, Texas
“Great BBQ and Cobbler”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were in town for the Bluebonnet Festival and stopped at the feed store for dinner. We had sliced lean brisket, pork ribs, tater tot casserole, corn on the cob and blackberry cobbler, it was all fantastic, I also really liked their warm bbq sauce. I had the blackberry cobbler this time but if I ever make it back you can bet I'll be trying the peach cobbler. It's comparable to Rudy's and the atmosphere is similar.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TravelinRanger
Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
“Yummy BBQ”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We were traveling through the Hill Country and were hungry for barbecue. We found a great spot, Burnet Feed Store had some of the best brisket I've had,great smokey flavor and very tender. The potato casserole side was better than homemade. Prices were reasonable and servings amply sized. I've already recommended BFS twice and will visit again.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Shelley K
Frisco, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor immitation for Texas BBQ”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Have had some excellent Texas BBQ over the years, but this isn't one of them. My husband tried the brisket and turkey. I had the ribs and sausage. None of our meats had any sign of a pinkish/red smoke ring which should have been our first indication that this BBQ wasn't going to pan out. The turkey was dry and the brisket tasted like a Sunday pot roast only void of any flavor. The meat fell off the bones on my ribs, but again there was no smoke or flavor. Two sides came with each plate; we tried green beans, jalapeno beans, cole slaw and tater tot casserole. The jalapeno beans and slaw were very good, the others not worth mentioning. The bathrooms were clean though. If you are looking for a real Texas BBQ experience, this is not the place.

• Visited February 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Pretty Good Roadside Que”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Usually I like to stop and the hole in the wall places, but my son and I were hungry and driving through Burnet and decided to stop here. This place is nicer than my usual BBQ haunts.

As the name would indicate, the restaurant is located in the old feed store building. It is a huge barn of a place and since we were eating late, it was empty. I never really enjoy eating in empty restaurants because I feel like everyone else is on to something that I am not.

Despite the empty place, the 'Que is good. I had moist brisket with some great bark. (I really don't like the chain places that don't keep the bark and fat. That's where all of the flavor resides.) The meat had a good smoke, but not too much. I also had the jalepeno sausage which as good but not stellar.

For sides a had buttered carrots. Very unusual for a BBQ joint, and I am really the only person in my house that likes cooked carrots so I get them out whenever I can. These were great. There was also a very promising potato casserole. It tasted fine, but was stone cold. It was not supposed to be a cold salad, it was in the heated section of the serving area. I made some comment to the lady behind the counter that the fried okra looked great, but I had had some the night before so I was not going to repeat. She put a couple on my plate to be nice and I have to say this was the worst fried okra I had ever had. I am so glad I did not have a whole order of it.

So, because of the great brisket (which is what really matters in a 'que joint) I give this place a 4. Perhaps the sides had suffered from sitting out too much, we were there at 1:45.

• Visited January 2013