“Not quite the image portrayed...”

Rainbow Hearth Sanctuary and Retreat
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Burnet
Houston, Texas
“Not quite the image portrayed...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Neat, tidy, good beds and a nice view. Three sinks, but no fridge, microwave or coffee maker or keys to lock your room! Unless you purchase the meal plan, you are pretty much out of luck in the food department for almost $200.00 one would think a continental breakfast would be included. We were told that we could get a small breakfast if we wanted and that coffee was free flowing all the time. However on the day we left, a Monday, we were the only guests and although I went to the dinning area three times, coffee was nowhere to be found! Guess this was the perfect example of a Bed OR Breakfast! Instead my receipt was left on the table...So much for higher level consciousness.

Room Tip: Not for those looking to venture outside of "sanctuary"
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank poppet8

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our family is lucky to have stumbled across this fantastic place. A plus for us is that it is animal-friendly. Mariah, the owner, and her daughter run the place and they love animals. Not just dogs, but also cats, rabbits, hamsters, well, you get the idea. The individual "houses" are well-kept, very clean, and stocked full of clean linens, sheets, extra blankets, pillows, even full-sized bottles of shampoos and conditioners. All the products were Mrs. Meyers brand and Nature's Way. We took all our meals in the dining area. They serve an all-organic, gluten-free menu. Everything is fresh and prepared by Mariah and her daughter. There is also an open snack bar full of fruits, granola, popcorn, and other goodies. The views were gorgeous everywhere. And my husband and I also got bodywork treatments, which are an hour and thirty minutes long. I highly recommend this place. For us, it was good value for the money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Morgan1099
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My husband and my brother and I stayed in the upstairs suite last weekend. It's a lovely and comfortable space. There was a room with a king bed for my husband and me and a nice separate room for my brother. We shared a bath which was fine. The people who work at Rainbow Hearth were friendly and accommodating. The food was yummy.
Outside was lovely with lots of bird song.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Willis, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I have been needing to disconnect and recharge, this place fits the bill.

We stayed in the Yurt. It was so cool, a short walk up the hill and you are so secluded. You are surrounded by trees and some are flowering. There is an outdoor deck that surrounds the Yurt with a little bistro set. The inside is very spacious as there is a king size bed and two futons and a dresser and a desk and chair with a bedside table. The bathroom facilities are located out the back door of the yurt, within a couple of steps.

The bathroom is way cool. I wish I had the view from the tub in my own home. I loved the stone work, the shower is set up in a very unique way. I totally wish I could do that at home.
There is even a space heater in the bathroom to keep you warm if you want to soak for a while in the LARGE tub.
Shampoo, conditioner and soap are provided and they are quality items. I am looking for a spot to buy them. :)
The grounds and complex are well cared for and set up to be relaxing. Mariah has done a wonderful job.
There are beautiful views of Lake Buchanan, unfortunately when we were there the lake was down a bit.
There is a large wind chime just off the front porch area, it has beautiful, deep, calming tones.
There are things to do nearby, and you are located fairly close to town in case you need a few things. The drive out was cool as well, nice views and curvy roads.

Mariah is also a massage therapist and my husband and I both got massages while we were there. We have been home a few weeks now and my hubby is still talking about it. (I guess I did good). I booked this as a surprise weekend getaway for us and he did not know where were going until we were about half way there.

There is a spa/hot tub located on the grounds also and inside there is a toilet and shower, plenty of towels and beautiful views. There are plants in the building where the spa is, so it feels like you are outdoors especially with the large windows looking out to the lake. The door does have a lock, so you have privacy.

There are several rooms to choose from, but I think we would be a little partial to the yurt. I just hope it is available when we do get a chance to return.

Room Tip: Being that this place is located outside of town and on the lake, it is very quiet anyway. I don'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nomadladymedic
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My wife and I had been looking for dog friendly places to take a few days off and decided to give Rainbow Hearth a try. We took our two Golden Retrievers and booked the Tree Yurt for three nights. We had a wonderful time and what a relaxing vacation for all of us. Everyone was so nice and Rainbow Hearth is such a pleasant environment. We spent our time hiking, playing at the lake, relaxing on the balcony, and enjoying the beautiful environment. Rainbow Hearth is very well taken care of and designed to let one relax in a low key environment. The meals are nutritious and tasty. They are designed to provide a fresh, wholesome diet to aid your relaxation. The Tree Yurt is a real treat and provided us a private getaway that was just perfect. The Yurt sits up on the side of a hill and you are surrounded by flowering trees. We loved it and will return. Rainbow Hearth features so many great views of the lake and plenty of room for the guests to roam and enjoy nature. There are a number of interesting sights to see in the area on easy day trips. Mariah and the staff at Rainbow Hearth are very helpful, flexible and obviously their hearts are in their work. It's a well cared for facility that is a wonderful retreat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Spending my birthday weekend at Rainbow Hearth with my friend and my doggy Bella, was the best thing ever! I've been looking for the perfect place to relax and rejuvenate in a natural setting and have finally found my paradise. Mariah and staff couldn't be more welcoming and accomodating - the perfect hosts! The food was amazing, too - the best natural, organic, colorful and delicious meals I've had in a while. The grounds are enchanting with areas to sit, relax, enjoy the view, meditate or watch the birds are everywhere. You feel like you're a million miles away from everyone and yet you're so close you don't have to drive forever to get there.
Thank you Mariah for creating this beautiful sanctuary!

Room Tip: If you love being in the trees, the yurt is perfect!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank prose58
austin, tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have just returned from a week at Rainbow Hearth. I went in stressed, tightly wound and unable to turn off my mind. I departed relaxed and extremely content with my body, my mind, and my sleep. More importantly,I've come home with the tools necessary to prevent some of the challenges that got me in such a screwed up place in the first place!

I cannot say enough about Mariah. Her passion for rainbow hearth shows in all that she does. She is a gracious hostess, an attentive chef (the micro green salad is truly spectacular and the chocolate dessert is mind numbingly good) and an incredible body technician. Honestly, calling it a massage is such an understatement...her work is truly out of the ordinary!

I'm fortunate to be a two hour drive away...this will be an annual treat for me!

Room Tip: The sunset cottage had a great porch for watching the sun set over the lake!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank baebae36
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burnet
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet
Markward Manor Bed and Breakfast Inn
BEST WESTERN Llano
BEST WESTERN Llano
#1 of 3 in Llano

Been to Rainbow Hearth Sanctuary and Retreat? Share your experiences!