“Below average”

Holiday Inn Express-Burleson
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Burleson
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are very small, pool is not heated. Drawers on dresser would not stay closed. Would/ will not stay again. Very disappointing comparing to pictures on website. Not good price for accommodations......

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank VWO
CaraBurleson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your recent experience. It is always our intention to provide all of our guest's with exceptinal service and amenities. So, your feedback is greatly appreciated
True, our pool is not heated. However, it is an indoor pool, in a climate controlled environment. The temperature of the room can be adjusted, upon request.
And, while our guestrooms are, on average, larger than our surrounding competition, I am truly sorry that your dresser drawers would not stay closed. I wish you would have brought this to my attention, as I am confident that we could have resolved the issue.
Again, I would like to thank you for your comments. The staff and I cannot resolve issues if we do not know that there are any. So, again, your feedback has been very important to us.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express-Burleson

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Our family was together for a funeral earlier this month, and we all stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Burleson. I must say that the staff was exceptional. Extremely friendly, greeted us each time we passed by the front door, expressed their sympathy for our loss, then smiled and made us feel totally at home. Our group ranged in age from 4-89 years old, and we were all perfectly comfortable. The location is convenient for anything on the southwest side of Ft. Worth, and having dinner at the near-by Mexican Inn was an added treat.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor, directly over the pool. There was some chlorine smell in my room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CaraBurleson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words.
Our entire staff strives to ensure that each guest is treated as though they are part of our family.
And, we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Mexicn Inn....another "family" favorite of ours, as well!

I would also like to add... that I really appreciate all of our guest's feedback. So,we are looking into the rooms above the pool area, in regards to the smell of chlorine. I truly thank you for sharing that information with us, so we can quickly address the issue.

Cara Hayes & Staff

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've never stayed with Holiday Inn before. I can't say enough great things about this hotel! Clean, neat, organized and well maintained. There are so many extra perks and touches that make travelling more comfortable. My room was ultra clean and the bed super comfortable. The bathroom was clean and the shower worked great. It had free wifi, a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. They sold various microwavable items in the lobby. Freebies included snacks in the evening and an awersome breakfast in the morning, Local & USA Today newspapers. In the evening, they served wine, beer, sodas, cheese and crackers and other appetizers. It was a lovely touch. Breakfast included scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravey, pancakes, hot cinnamon rolls, various pastries, oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruit, juice FRESH coffee that actually tastes good and many other items. I usually don't eat at hotels that serve a free breakfast because they are usually horrible but this one was clean, fresh and great! Again, I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I now have a place that I know will be wonderful to stay while traveling no matter what city I am staying in. CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN! Friendly staff as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank scubacher

We are all so pleased that you really enjoyed your stay with us!!
Our staff is dedicated to providing our guests with impecable service, and cleanliness.
We were actually just honored with the Quality Excellence Award for 2012.....But, the greatest reward we can hope to achieve is that of our guest's experience. To have you take the time to write such wonderful compliments....is the greatest award of all.

Cara Hayes & Staff

Reviewed February 11, 2012

The first thing I noticed when checking into this hotel was the airport directly behind it, which sort of concerned me at first; but I was pleasantly surprised when all air traffic subsided by 8 pm- or I slept so well that I didn't even notice it... As I sat out in parking lot between all four hotels at this intersection, I Googled the location and read some reviews; Holiday Inn Express was the best & said that the staff "made them feel like a part of the family." So I put them to the test and upon checkin I met a wonderful clerk whose smile lit up the foyer and she quickly checked me in at a reasonable rate, as she could tell I was tired. The bed was comfortable and choice of pillows was nice. Secure wireless access was good (I've been hacked on unsecure networks before). The free happy hour from 5-7pm was nice with tamales and beverages before dinner and the breakfast was quite a spread the next morning. The fitness center was small, but had three cardio machines and dumbbell weights for using along with a decently-sized indoor pool. Overall pleasant experience in the middle of a hectic business trip; I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Floors are solid and because of the airport, I would try to stay on the first two floors- I stayed o...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
CaraBurleson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Thank you so much for the kind words, in reference to your stay with us. We take great pride in providing all of our guests with superior customer service and incredible amenities. I have shared your response with the staff, much to their delight. And, they join with me ,in hoping to see you again real soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

1st time we stayed at a HI - Express; we usually stay @ Sheraton, Westin, Double Tree type places. Clean, comfortable, friendly, inexpensive, big room with sleeper sofa! Near restaurants, not too far from DT Ft Worth!

Room Tip: 2 Queens w/ sleeper sofa great for larger family...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank US9

Thank you!!! The customer's experience is our #1 priority. We want you to enjoy a guestroom, as well as, public areas, where you can truly be yourself. It makes us happy to hear that we were able to make your stay so comfortable.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stay here often for business and couldn't ask for better customer service. They go out of their way to make your stay the best possible. The area is nice and so is the hotel. I wouldn't stay any where else when I am in town.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Robin P
CaraBurleson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank You. Our #1 priority is guest satisfaction

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a week while we were in town for my son's Pony baseball tournament. There were 12 families who traveled, along with the team's coach. During our stay the saff was very friendly and accomodating and went above and beyond to make our stay a good one.

The rooms were nice and freshly decorated for a hotel in this category. We stayed in a suite, which really was not much bigger than a regular room, but it did have a couch, a mini fridge and microwave, which made things nice for such a long stay.

The pool was an indoor pool and was average. The work out room is small, but the equipment is in good shape and let those of us who wanted to exercise do so without venturing into the Texas heat!

The breakfast was good and the boys loved working the self-serve pancake machine. The hotel had coffee available 24/7 and made fresh-baked cookies in the afternoon.

I can't say enough good things about the staff of the hotel. They pulled a grill out of the storage room for us to allow us to grill burgers on several occasions on the back patio and basically took care of anythiing we needed.

There are a lot of restaurants in the immediate vicinity including Outback, Chili's, Cracker Barrel and a number of local spots. I would defiitely recommend the hotel and would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 7,691
VickyManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express-Burleson, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

We appreciate your review and thank you for staying with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burleson
Best Western Plus Burleson Inn & Suites
#83 of 113 in Fort Worth
Comfort Suites Fort Worth
Comfort Suites Fort Worth
#54 of 113 in Fort Worth

Been to Holiday Inn Express-Burleson? Share your experiences!