“Not a Friendly Place”

Babe's Chicken Dinner House
Ranked #3 of 129 Restaurants in Burleson
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arlington,TX
“Not a Friendly Place”
Reviewed February 22, 2009

We drove 30 miles to eat at Babe's. Won't waste the gas on that trip again. I requested to have a piece of dark meat chicken in place of white. I do not eat white meat. The waitress was rude and the manager was even ruder. What happened to pleasing the customer? He so much as said this is the way we serve it and if you don't like it go somewhere else. My way of seeing it, why should I pay for something that I will not eat? They have a good business right now but with the attitude the manager has it won't last.
From now own we will eat our own town.

R B T
Arlington, TX

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice atmosphere. Great food.”
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Nice atmosphere. Great food.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Very Good!”
Reviewed November 10, 2008

Went there today for lunch at noon...there was no line to wait in, got right in...the decor was so cute, although it was very dark in there..the waitress's dance when the Hokey Pokey comes on the jukebox..the food was very good...you pay a little more but you get plenty of food and you can get a bag to take home any left over meats...

Dallas, Texas
“Not Bad, but Not Like Grandma's”
Reviewed September 27, 2008

My wife and I decided to try out Babes today. The restaurant is in a renovated old area of downtown Burleson. When you walk in you will noticed that it is very dark inside and the decor is kind of flea marketing/garage saleish. All the tables and chairs are mismatches that look like they were all purchased from various thrift shops. I felt that the lighting was way to dark inside and this was in the middle of the afternoon.

We were seated promptly and our order was taken quickly. This location offers fried chicken, chicken friend steak, catfish and a couple of other items. Everything is served family style and they only offer 3 types of vegetables, creamed corn, mashed potatoes and green beans which are all you can eat.

We both order the chicken fried steak which came with the vegetables, biscuits, cream gravy and a salad.

Salad: I was not impressed. This was just a bowl of lettuce covered in a sweet vinaigrette which over powering. There was nothing else in the bowl except iceberg lettuce.

Biscuits: The biscuits were not bad but I imagine they were from a mix

Green Beans: They had good flavor but I believe they are from a can

Mashed Potatoes: The potatoes tasted like they were made from instant potato flakes. They were way too smooth to be homemade.

Creamed Corn: This was my favorite vegetable. It was very good.

Cream Gravy: Tasty but is was a little thick, like it had been sitting in a steam table all day.

Chicken Fried Steak: I was a little disappointed. One of our steaks was very tender while the other was tough. Also the coating coming off the steak and not sticking like it should have. As far as the taste, it was not bad but was lacking some flavor.

Overall I would just say that Babes is ok. We did not try their fried chicken but I would not order the chicken fried steak again. I was disappointed to see that it looks like most of their vegetables are not homemade. If a restaurant is going to offer such a limited menu and serve family style then I would expect everything to be made from scratch.

2 Thank RoadRashTX
Graham, Texas
“YUMMMMMY”
Reviewed September 5, 2008

Greatest place to go if you are in the mood to be placed in a food coma!!!!!!!!! Everything is good, I MEAN EVERYTHING. EVEN THE SWEET TEA!

2 Thank Shellstexas