“NOT a good deal”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Burleson
Glenwood Springs, Colorado
“NOT a good deal”
Reviewed May 7, 2007

My daughter was traveling and called to ask that I look online for a place not too far ahead for her to stop since it was getting late. I found the Super 8 about 45 minutes down the road and attempted to make reservations online. It was about 10 central time and it would not allow the reservation, which is understandable. The rate on the internet was $59 (this was Super 8's own website). I called the hotel to reserve the room for my daughter and give them a credit card to guarantee the room. They refused to accept my card because my daughter was not carrying the same card on her. I explained that I just wanted to guarantee the room and she would present her own card when arriving. You know, like if I had made the reservation online. They still refused. When she arrived, she was charged $79, not the $59 that the Super 8 website listed. I feel like the management took advantage of the time of night and overcharged her. When I emailed Super 8 about the problem, they simply told me to contact the owner, as all Super 8's are individually owned.
As a rule, Super 8 motels are nothing great, but after this experience, and discovering that the corporate office is basically unwilling or unable to enforce any standards, I will not waste my money on another Super 8

• Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
On the Road, U.S.
Reviewed April 22, 2007

I travel frequently on business and have stayed at many Super 8 motels in my time. I don't think I have ever encountered a Super 8 with this level of cleanliness, comfort and service. The room was comfy and had a bigger t.v than most motels which was great cuz after a long drive the last thing I want to do is squint at the t.v screen. It also helped that it was equipped with a fridge/microwave without any extra charge. That was nice because I often have to request one whenever I stay a few days. Also their morning breakfast was fresh and the staff was very accomodating and helpful. I would most definitley stay here again and only wish other Super 8s were as nice.

• Liked — Comfy Rooms, Restaurants all around and good value for the price
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank GreenIce07
Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2006

This place is awful. There were bugs and roaches in the bathroom; and after we went to bed, a roach crawled on my daughter's arm. The beds are hard. The walls and bedspreads were dirty. All this for $70 a night - over $80 with taxes. I will never stay in another Super 8. Do not stay here!

• Stayed October 2006
1 Thank TXGirl2

Travelers are raving about these Burleson hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burleson
Quality Suites Burleson - Ft. Worth
Best Western Plus Burleson Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Burleson
Holiday Inn Express-Burleson
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Worth - Burleson
Motel 6 Fort Worth - Burleson
Motel 6 Fort Worth - Burleson
#86 of 113 in Fort Worth

Been to Super 8 Burleson Fort Worth Area? Share your experiences!