“It's worth the hype!”

Perini Ranch Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Perini Ranch Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Southwestern, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“It's worth the hype!”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

My husband loves the cookbook and is a Tom Perini fan! He was searching the internet and learned the ranch has cabins for rent, so he planned a long weekend for our anniversary. He made reservations at the restaurant for two nights! There's no paved parking, so if it has rained, it might be a little muddy. Rustic is an understatement. Not a single table decorations, tablecloth, uneven table tops and chairs that may or may not match. It was a cold weekend, so the huge fireplaces were welcome and kept the place comfortable. I can't say enough nice things about the staff. Reservations are a must, so when we got there, they knew we were staying at the Guest House. We inquired about some Christmas shopping, but didn't want the typical mall stores. We were outfitted with a list of places to visit, complete with people to talk to when we got there. Now to the food . . . you know how something gets hyped so big that it just can't possibly match up? It does here. Homemade ranch dressing and sour dough rolls start the evening. I love baby back ribs, so ordered the appetizer with a side of cowboy potatoes. the meat pulled off the bone but was not dry and wasn't smothered in some foul tasting bar-b-que sauce. My husband had the filet and was as equally impressed. The next night I had the filet. I like mine medium well. Pink in the middle. Not red, just pink. Perfect. Absolutely perfect. The second night there, the staff treated us like family. Don't miss the green chili hominy. We finished with chocolate sheet cake and "magic coffee". Not cheap, but not overly pricey, either. I was pleased and impressed. This one lived up to the hype.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JoyDBrown

Ingram, Texas
“Mail order tenderloins”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I've been to the restaurant many years ago and enjoyed it, but haven't been recently to comment. I do, however, order their pre-cooked beef tenderloins for Christmas presents and other special occasions. Although pricey, they are delicious and always much appreciated by my friends and family. Buy one for yourself and keep it in the freezer for that special occasion, too. If you don't know what to buy the person who has everything, consider a Perini Ranch tenderloin. It won't let you down!! This may sound like a sales pitch, and maybe it is, but I am a regular customer of their mail order business and highly recommend Perini Ranch Steakhouse.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Chaille H
Abilene, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Steakhouse in Texas”
Reviewed December 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Order a Ranch Roast (prime rib) and finish with bread pudding. You will find none better. Also, the ribs and jalapeno poppers sre great starters.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank kid50
Universal City
“Great steaks in a casual Texas ranch setting”
Reviewed November 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Unless you are headed for Abilene, TX, Perini's isn't on your way. But if you have been in Santa Fe or Albuquerque and are homeward bound to Dallas/Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin or Houston, go to Buffalo Gap, just south of Abilene for one of best steaks in Texas. Wear jeans or dress up, they don't care. Expect great service to go with the great food. My wife and I have been there twice in the past few years, most recently in Sept. We will definitely return.

Visited September 2013
Monument, Colorado
“Very nice.”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

This was our second trip to Perini Ranch, both with small children. Reservations are a must on the weekends. On our first visit we had to pay to join their membership but this time it was free. Wine list is small but adequate -- try the Becker Vineyard wines. They are a Texas Winery and have some very nice wines. We had a short wait for our table -- pleasant with a cocktail out by the fire. Service was prompt and friendly. All of our dinners were very good. The lamb chop special was delicious. I need the recipe for that sweet potato casserole... The only complaint was that we told the hostess that this was a special occasion and she said she'd take care of it, but nothing. Oh well.

• Visited November 2013