“TH3 B3ST M3XICAN F00D 3VA!!!!!!!!!”

Lola's Mexican Food Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed October 20, 2010

lolas food it the best ever in this state.... if you hear other wise is becuz they are crazy and rude and they dumb i love lolas...

Reviewed July 17, 2010

The outside of Lolas is cute. We ate there with another couple and their two small children. It's a family joint with a small dining area and a limited menu. We all agreed that the food was decent and lived the homemade Navajo fry bread. But the atmosphere lacks. There isn't any AC so we sweated all through lunch on their plastic chairs. The really annoying thing was that the family sat with us in the dining room and talked on their cell phones and to each other the entire time about baby's daddies and so forth. One was pregnant herself and interrupted our conversation several times from her table to ask my friend about her kids and how long it took for her to lose her baby weight, etc. It was pretty awkward and annoying and we just wanted to eat our meal in peace.

I think we'd go back to get some of the fry bread to go but probably not to eat inside.

Reviewed June 13, 2010

The service was very poor. Once Lola decided to come and help us she gave us chips and salsa. The chips were ok but the salsa was terrible. Way to much chili season to cover its bland taste. She asked" you want tea or water? Thats all I have" in a rather rude manner and never gave us a refill or told were it was so we could atleast get it ourself. My kids had the nachos and me and my wife had the red enchiladas. There is something seriously wrong with her meat. My kids have never not eaten their nachos but this time they took one bite and started scrapping off the chips to try and eat just the chips. I always make my kids eat their meals but this time after I tasted their food I let them waste it. As for me and my wifes food it was worst than a rotten tv dinner after the first bite. I had to dump all of my salsa on mine to stomach it and ate it only so I didn't waste all of my money. My wife couldn't even try to finish. I really hate wasting food and money but I didn't care if they ate it or not this go around. After we chased down Lola in the kitchen to try and pay since she never came to set us free we ran for the door and you can bet we didn't leave a tip. About an hour later my upset stomach finally had to be purged and never stopped hurting until about 10 the next morning. After that ruined evening and night I would recommend avoiding Lola's food at all costs. If you want to really get back at someone you hate recommend Lola's to them and hope you don't go to jail for cruel and unusual punishment.

2  Thank AbileneFamof4
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Hands down this has to be some of the best Mexican food in West Texas. This hole-in-the-wall place lives up to what you'd expect in a small town: fantastic food, eclectic atmosphere, and a hands-on owner who wants to do things her way.

If you're looking for a place where the staff wait on you hand-and-foot and attend to your every need then you need to go somewhere else. Part of the fun of Lola's is it's unique ambiance. Men are expected to serve the ladies (like a gentleman should) and you're in charge of grabbing your own cups, drinks, and sometimes salsa. It's just like you were invited into Lola's home for dinner. Every time I come to the Abilene area I make it a point to go to Lola's.

Reviewed February 20, 2010

This place is TERRIBLE!!!!! The owner who is also the cook and waitress has a thing against male customers and was flat out rude to me .The food lacked taste and their was hardly any space for my family and me to enjoy our private conversation the restaurant itself is really small,and you could hear what went on in the bathroom which was just next door. Yeah the price was cheap but so was everything else in this unclean place. Please think twice before you go in there.Oh, and Lola has her own set of rules written on the wall which are a joke ,but not to her,she seems to try hard to enforce them..

3  Thank mavvv7