“Like going home to grandmas!”

Lola's Mexican Food Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed May 22, 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for chain food, need attention from waitstaff, or feel the need for fancy.... keep going!
If you want to feel like a welcome part of the family, with great flavorful food, and no frills... this is the place.
Everything is home made from scratch, right down to the salsa had made in a melcajete. Food is simple and flavorful, just like the AWSOME stuff in New Mexico. Fry bread is made fresh, and is wonderful. The best experience for down to earth people.

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

Stopped on my way through to Abilene and wanted to get some "authentic" Mexican food. I was surprised to learn that the restaurant does not have home made chip or salsa. The salsa was actually Pace Picante sauce out of a jar and the chips were store bought also.

I tried the cheese enchiladas and asked about the tortillas used and found out they are also store bought. That was all I could take. It is Mexican food but not authentic and not what I was bargaining for.

A whole in the wall with authentic Mexican food would be a must stop and try but a whole in the wall with store bought Mexican food is one you can skip.

Reviewed February 18, 2017 via mobile

My best friend & I were in Buffalo Gap to celebrate our 60th bd's. We stopped in Lola's for dinner. It was just us two & her. LOLA has to stand for Laugh Out Loud A lot. She sat at table near us & told us about celebrities that visited there. One had an attitude and she told him to read rule #5. He obeyed it after reading. We knew all about her when we left. Loved it! The food was good. Very well priced. You have to stop in to experience this one of a kind place!

Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

A fun & unique restaurant that caters to women ! It's a relaxing atmosphere that makes you feel like you're simply visiting a relative for a home cooked meal . Thank you Lola! You remind me of my favorite Tia

Reviewed April 22, 2016 via mobile

Decided to check this place out from a suggestion and glad we did. The green enchiladas w pintos and fried bread was delicious! Lola was a hoot, a small place w a lot of character. Definitely a return visit.