Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's
$90
CandlewoodSuites
  • Pool
$109
Americas Best Value Inn - Buda(Buda)(Great Value!)
$59
$68
$96
$84
BestWestern.com
$98
Fairfield Inn
Studio 6 Buda,TX(Buda)(Great Value!)
$70
$76
La Quinta
All reviewsfront deskcontinental breakfast iswaffle makergreat rateneeded a place to stayroom was cleanstay there againvery pleasant stayice machinecracker barrellittle thingsparking lotstaff was very friendly and helpfulthird floorvery nice hotelmini fridgethe breakfast area
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We'd. Never stayed at a Microtel but this place really surprised me- they only offered a basic continental breakfast but the staff was super nice and the rooms were clean and quiet. The room layout we had was neat one kid slept in the window seat it was so big and padded. It's a new hotel, my husband loves that it was next to both Cabelas and Walmart. I would come back for sure if we come to see friends again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Keven B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Thank you for your great review about your recent stay with us in December 2013; and we noted with interest, that it was your first stay at a Microtel. Moreover, we are glad that our hotel was ideally located for your convenience. We hope you will be able to make many more trips to Buda to visit your friends and enjoy our hospitality at Microtel Inn & Suites.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were recommended by Hotelone.com that Microtel Inn & Suites was the best choice to stay in that vicinity we were visiting, wrong, it was horrible. The beds & pillows are hard, you get only one shampoo/conditioner (for my wife & i) you explain & ask Karla (on duty) why isn't there more, oh you want more?!!! Same with bar of soap. We were only staying thru the next day (thank goodness) i was told by Karla that breakfast shuts down at 10am, they are shutting down at 9am. If it wasn't that my wife could communicate to one of the workers there & actually had to plead with her about bringing some of the food items back out, we would have got nothing. Another thing, all the forks were put in a container right side up, leaving them exposed to being touched on the forked side. I complained to Hotelone who said they talked talk to the General mgr. who said no such thing happened. I called directly to the mgr. Keven Brinniman, he said no it didn't happen that way, basically calling me a liar, i told him i would be calling corporate, he sarcastically spells his name out to me. Staff had no urgency or care of any customer service.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Keven B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations.
Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Beds were hard & uncomfortable. Whirpool didn't work. They didn't even have butter or margarine for our toast.I asked for butter and he told me they don't furnish it. And always out of coffee! Won't be back!

Room Tip: Bring something soft to put on top of hard mattress. bring your own breakfast. Don't expect. whirlpool that works.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

We regret the disappointments you may have experienced during your stay with us last year and wish to apologize for those shortcomings. However, we have addressed those issues and we can reassure you that they will not recur.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed December 4, 2013

From August 24 to November 14 we stayed at this hotel while we dealt with issues with our new house in Buda. The hotel management and staff are great people who go out of their way to make sure the guests are taken care of and satisfied.

While the actual stay was cramped for us as we had some of our belongings and two kids in a room, the staff did whatever they could to make things as comfortable for us as possible.

Don't let the hotel name scare you as you may say Microtel and think its not a property worth staying at. This property is just a little over a year old and well maintained. You cannot beat the value for the price for similar properties in the area.

Just remember the Microtel concept when deciding what room to book. If it is a queen bed room, you're space is limited (hence Micro). The queen suite (where we stayed) gives you more room to spread out and I believe the double bed rooms do as well.

The only things I can say that are somewhat critical is that the breakfast doesn't really have any hot food items (but really for the price you pay its a solid continental spread) and the wireless on the third floor had connection issues. The internet issue for me was fine, because the room does have wired connections so I was able to plug in my laptop and if you needed wireless you could go downstairs. It also may be an issue they have fixed since our stay.

I am sure I will leave out some names but thanks to Kevin, Celia, Carla, Dev, Javier, Shawn and the crew for making our stay the best it could possibly be.

I highly recommend this property and the staff who work there.

Room Tip: Microtel's concept is to make the most of space it has. If you choose a queen room you won't have much room to move around, but it is the most cost efficient. If you need some space spend the extra money and get a suite or double bed room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure to have hosted you and your family for an extended stay at the Microtel Inn & Suites, Buda. We are glad that with the excellent customer service provided by our Front Office staff and tthe Housekeeping team, we were able to make your stay with us feel like your "home away from home".