“Texas Hospitality at its Finest!”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Buda
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I booked a block of rooms for two nights to manage a nearby Fullness of Truth Conference and the staff at the Microtel in Buda was amazing. Dev and Cathy went above and beyond in taking care of me and our guests. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The delicious Texas-shaped waffles were the perfect touch to a wonderful weekend. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Microtel at Cabela's for over a month when the closing date on our house got pushed back due to a very poor loan officer. All I can say is....WOW! You simply cannot find a finer establishment. As a retired military pilot who has stayed in hotels all over the world I know a thing or two about hospitality and quality. The Microtel at Cabela's has both. The front desk personnel are the sweetest, most sincere, and most helpful you will find. They define Texas hospitality. Thanks especially to Dev and Kathy. This is my home away from home in Texas. As a retired Marine LtCol, I am no Santa Clause when it comes to praise. Stay there...you will not regret it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a great stay! The hotel was very nice and clean and our room was great. The staff was very friendly! It is in a great location close to many restaurants and shopping! Looking forward to staying again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I attended the Fullness of Truth Conference in Buda, Texas and spent two nights at this very clean and well maintained hotel. The staff was very friendly (as Texans are supposed to be) and efficient. We had very nice clean, well planned room. Breakfast was very well organized as there were many conference attendees staying at the hotel. My wife especially liked the TEXAS shaped waffles.

Room Tip: There is not a restaurant in the facility and I did not seek a fitness center. The breakfast dining...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here last month and I had a great time! A lot of the hotels in Austin are ridiculously overpriced but this one is just great. At first I had a small problem finding the hotel since it's nestled among many restaurants and stores, but I found the small comfy building just in time for dinner. I waited about 5 minutes while the employees changed shifts. Upon entering, I was greeted by Dev, the hotel's GM, and one of his employees. The employee was leaving and I'm guessing the manager works the night shift. I told the manager about my confusion while driving and he even gave me a $30 discount off my stay! He introduced himself in such a cordial manner that I've never witnessed at any other hotel. He even called to make sure that I was doing okay after checking me in. The rooms were very spacious and pristine in cleanliness. I had a very pleasant sleep, something that's hard to get with Austin's city noise. The breakfast choices were a bit limited, but for a small hotel like this one I wasn't expecting a 5-star buffet. This place is great for families. I will certainly return sometime soon for liesure.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My review was good but foid selection needs upgrading terrible and the pool needs to be seperate from jacuzzi

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family