“Clean Room; Nice Experience”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Buda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Prescott
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Room wasnoisy, overhead fan was clangy, temperature control of was not consistent. Room lighting was to sever, no ability to read in bed while other person would sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Cosmopolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

When we decided to take a trip to Buda TX for a family reunion, we booked 10 rooms, so family could be together. Evenings when we returned to the motel, we visited as a group in the breakfast area until bedtime, extending our daytime fun.

Our room needed to be special, as my husband is handicapped, and has special needs. The walk-in shower was perfect, the bathroom roomy, and plenty of towels. We needed a special lift-chair, which we personally ordered. Hotel staff offered to move it, if it was placed wrong when delivered. Dev, the cordial and helpful receptionist called to get information for us on whether my husband could be included on tours with his scooter. He made us maps and directions to tour the sites. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

The motel met every specification for our needs. The extras included wine on the house one evening in the lobby with the manager, an extraordinary receptionist, Dev, who recommended the best eats around, and places we just couldn't do without seeing. When the dryer in the laundry was out of order, Karla, another receptionist, allowed us to dry our clothes in the staff laundry, where the towels and sheets are usually taken care of, no charge for the inconvenience of the upstairs dryers not working.

Something else I noticed that was above the usual was the dining area that we breakfasted in. It was spacious, so my husband could easily navigate around tables and chairs, not like most hotels, where he has to say "Excuse me," and people move their chairs for him to get by. There was plenty of seating, at breakfast, and no one had to wait for a table, even on a summer weekend.

The food was good. I would recommend that they have hard-boiled eggs available for those of us who don't eat breads and muffins. Fruit was available, waffles, cereal, muffins, and bagels.

We enjoyed our stay, and highly recommend it to anyone going that way. It was in a good location, close to Cabela's where we took evening walks, and enjoyed "wild animals" in the city.
Thank you, Microtel staff!

Room Tip: Temperature of the rooms was very comfortable, and thus, we slept well.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Termite597
Keven B, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for the positive review we love to hear from our guest whether it be good or bad we welcome all comments and any information to make our property the best fit for the guest, we like to make our guest feel as if it where their second home or home away from home, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us on your last visit and we will be more than happy to assist you with making future lodging reservations if you or family plans to be returning to the Austin area.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed in a suite which was beyond my expectations. The bed was very comfortable with nice bedding and pillows. The suite offers a sofa which pulls out into a bed along with a refrigerator and microwave. There are plenty of mirrors with great lighting (full length mirror located in the closet). The bathroom was very spacious, had a nice size corner shower along with plenty of counter space around the sink.

The hotel is new, clean and very modern. The staff could not be more friendly and helpful. I absolutely would love a return visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
I first would like to say thank you for even choosing our property for your lodging needs when visiting the Austin area and I am glad to hear that your stay was error proof I would not have had it any other way, we like to give outstanding customer service and tend to our guest every need as much as we possible can, I will definitely relay this wonderful review to my staff as they will be overjoyed to know they did a great job, we hope to see back at our facility on your next trip to the Austin/Buda area please just give us a call and we will be more than happy to assist you with lodging arrangements.
San Jacinto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

The staff on all levels were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and neat, plus they worked with your schedule. Weather if it was to sleep in or to get up early, upon returning to our room, the staff had already been there to do their job, very well I may add. When I needed directions to anywhere your staff was very, very helpful. They even went as far as printing out driving directions. That was just AWESOME!!!! At all times I felt very welcomed, your staff was very friendly and always seemed to have a smile. The breakfast every morning was delightful and comfortable. The coffee was hot and delicious, the food was fresh and tasty. Thank you so much for the great accommodations!! I have told my friends all about you and how impressed I was with everything! Thank you again, I am looking forward to staying with you again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

I am delighted to hear that your stay was everything that you had expected and more, your review is very much appreciated as we would always like to hear from our guest whether good or bad to insure that our guest have a comfortable and welcoming stay each time they return to the hotel, I want to thank you again for the awesome review and we hope to see you back at our property real soon on your next visit to the Austin area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buda
Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel
Americas Best Value Inn - Buda
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda
Quality Inn and Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kyle - Austin South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin South - Buda

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's? Share your experiences!