“Sufficient”

Americas Best Value Inn - Buda
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Buda
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was a little leery about staying here as I haven't heard good things about the chain, but when searching for a hotel in the Austin/San Antonio area, this was the only vacancy I could find online, even 2 weeks before our trip. It turned out fine. It's not as nice as a Holiday Inn, but it was sufficient for our over night stay and the staff were very friendly.

I was very perplexed when someone from the hotel called me around 5pm the day of my reservation and asked if I knew an approximate time of arrival. I wasn't sure, so I said maybe between 9-10pm. They asked if I was going to be checking in after 10pm, if could call them and let them know. I've never had a hotel ask me to do this. I've never had a hotel call and ask my ETA. I wasn't able to call when I realized we wouldn't be arriving until after 10pm and when I got back to my phone, they had called and left a message asking if I was still coming and to please call them back with an ETA. So I did. I thought this was really bizarre, but after arriving, I think I figured out it's because it's a family run business and they don't always have someone at the front desk like I'm used to.

So just be aware they could call for your estimated time of arrival!

Room Tip: I don't think there is necessarily a "better" choice of a room, just know that the roo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Master_of_All-24, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Buda, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We like to call our guests to ensure that they are on route with the proper directions and confirm reservation, specially on busy weekends. When they arrive there will be a warm smiling face to greet them. We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you choose Americas Best Value Inn next time you are in Buda, TX! Kind Regards: Harry Patel.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Excellent budget motel. We stayed 3 nights and will return next year. Clean and neat no facility problems. Best were the owners and staff. We needed to cancel our last day and because it was made via the internet the staff could not make the change. The corporate internet customer service could but would result in a very large increase in the room rate. The owners and staff worked with us and the increase totaled only $40 - more than fair for a last minute change.
H.D

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank H D H
Master_of_All-24, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Buda, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Sir, We would like to thank you for writing a good review for us! We here at Americas best Value Inn try our hardest to give great customer service to every guest and we are glad you noticed. We understand that mistakes are made and we try to accommodate our guest in any possible. We hope to host you again next time you are in Buda, TX
ABVI, Buda, TX.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed at Americas Best Value Inn, in Buda in February, 2014. The room was large and quiet. I didn't use the coffee maker or other items offered in the room, but it was great to have these items provided. I packed up and left early in the morning. Upon arriving at my destination, I found that I had left my shaving kit in the room. Nothing in my kit was important except of course, medications! I called and was told that yes, the kit was there. I gave my address where I would be in a few days and the kit arrived promptly. I also had several calls checking to tell me it was sent, then a call to see if it had arrived. I think it is rare to have anyone check to make sure something was in fact done. Great service at no extra charge. Thanks again, I'll be back!!!
Ken M

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Master_of_All-24, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Buda, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear Sir,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review for our hotel. thank you for noticing our many amenities such as coffee maker, microwave, free internet and refrigerator, even though you did not use them. We here at Americas Best Value Inn take pride in being able to provide excellent service. We are sorry that you left your shaving kit behind, but we are more than happy to send it back to you. Our staff works hard to please our guests and we are pleased that you appreciated their help. We look forward to hosting you again!

America's Best Value Inn
Buda, TX

Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed 3/5/2014 in a King non smoking room. The bed was WONDERFUL, enough so I had to find the tag so I could buy the same mattress for my house! The tag said the mattress was made in January 2014 so it was a new bed. Slept like a log! Room was clean, had microwave, minifridge, coffee maker, clock, iron and ironing board. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: The only thing I recommend is if both people sleeping in that king bed want two pillows each, get an...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Master_of_All-24, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Buda, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Sherri W,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review. We here at Americas Best
Value Inn are glad to hear that you enjoyed your relaxing stay at our hotel in Buda, Texas. The mattresses along with some of our other amenities are new, and we are glad you noticed! As you mentioned if you need anything our staff will be more than willing to accommodate your needs. If you are still looking for the mattress, contact me directly and I will see what I can do.
Harry Patel

America’s Best Value Inn
Buda, Texas

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is supposed to be a 2 star hotel. I'll give it 1 star and that's being nice. The photos on the hotel's website must be from when the hotel was first built. The Bath/Shower: the shower head is so low I had to crouch down to take a shower (I'm 6' 2" and the water hit me above my stomach but below my chest), the toilet is crammed in beween a wall and the bathtub, and you have to be a contortionist to reach the toilet paper. The Room: Dinghy and dark, and the entry door did not even close tightly (light leaks in all around, so I imagine bugs have easy access too); carpet was stained. The Bed: The beds are standard double beds (not queen size) and they are badly in need of new, better mattresses. The bedspreads are the blankets and the pillows small and flat.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gene V
Master_of_All-24, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Buda, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

We are truly sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us. We strive to provide the best service to our customers, and we are saddened to hear you received anything less than the best. We are currently fixing some of the problems that you mentioned, such as the shower head being too low, and we have been upgrading our beding and trying to create a better sleeping environment for our guests. We have many amenities available to our guests such as free WiFi, continental breakfast, microwave and a mini-fridge available in all of our rooms. We would love to host you again on your next trip to Buda, Texas!

Americas Best Value Inn
Buda, Texas

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Its a nice clean place to stay. Wish nfl network and few movie channels were added but overall its a nice clean place to stay. The rooms are very clean and look fanrastic. Its quiet and you can relax while watching tv.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review for our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed yourself and got a chance to relax! Unfortunately we do not have NFL Network, but we do offer ESPN and HBO among other cable channels. We appreciate that you noticed the cleanliness of our rooms, because that is something we here at America’s Best Value Inn take pride in. We hope to host you or your friends soon!

Thank you, NIck & Harry from America’s Best Value Inn, Buda, Texas.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Master_of_All-24, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Buda, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013