“Horrible, Horrible, Horrible..DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER!!!!”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Buda
Plano, Texas
“Horrible, Horrible, Horrible..DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER!!!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Down right horrible customer service coupled with horrindous rudeness!!!
I called the front office for towels upon arrival on July 30th because our room only had 3 handtowels in the bathroom. I was told by Robby at the front desk to come and get them myself and I asked why they would not bring them. He said, "Lady, this is not a full service hotel and we will not cator to your every littel whim." I said excuse me and told him I did not appreciate being talked to that way and paying 115.00 per night, I should be allowed to have towels (that should have been in the room to begin with) brought to my room. He absolutely refused. I got my husband to go to the front counter with me and he and another lady were just as rude to my husband as they were to me. I left and my husband said Robby ended up apologizing for his behavior and credited our room in full for the next night stay. I was good with that, until we arrived in our room the next evening of July 31st and we had been LOCKED OUT and charged again for the room stating that conversation had never taken place! We were absolutely horrified with this situation to say the least and we advised them to let us back into our room to get our belongings and to credit our credit card immediately. They have yet to credit my Mastercard and today is Monday August 2nd. We had to end up staying with a relative over this situation and we will NEVER go back to a Best Western again. We have already notified all of our SCA friends to not book any of there conventions and personal lodging rooms with any Best Western Hotels. I was on hold for over 27 minutes on Friday night with 800-WESTERN trying to file a complaint and never received a live person.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank tlcmom2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Humble, Texas
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for one night this past weekend, and that will be our last night at this place. We woke up to a room crawling with crickets. My poor husband had to go on cricket patrol while I stood on the bed. I mentioned this to the person at the front desk when we checked out, and he seemed completely disinterested. He claimed there wasn't a thing that could be done about the crickets. Really? Are there no exterminators in Buda?

Hard bed, the tiniest pillows I've ever seen, and flimsy sheets topped things off.

Never again!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dottxs
bwSouthgateInn, Webmaster at Quality Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is greatly appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) Desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) Maintenance staff was notified of the problem you had with crickets in the room assigned to you and authorized to see to their extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Southgate Inn . I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travelers are raving about these Buda hotels

Reviewed March 25, 2010

I made reservations--guaranteed, by phone, with Best Western and received a confirmation number. After driving 4-4 1/2 hours on a Friday, we arrived at the Best Western around10-10:30 pm. The desk clerk said our reservations had been cancelled at 6:46 pm for 'no show' and they had transferred us to a property 18 miles away. This was a trip we had planned with my sister and her husband. They had checked in about 6pm (were to have a no smoking room, but found dirty ashtrays in the night tables.) I showed him my confirmation--manager would not come out of the back room to talk with us and the clerk pretty much said 'what do you want me to do--build a room?'. To make things more interesting, a man arrived to check in--after us; however, he 'knew the owner'--they were checked in. Luckily, my daughter lives in the area and we were able to stay with her for the weekend, but my poor sister was stuck at the Best Western in a 'smoking--no smoking room' where the 'free breakfast' was not edible. My husband did go back the next morning to talk to the manager--and, as he put it, he was a jerk--no apology, nothing. We called Best Western and put in a formal complaint. Best Western said we would hear from the property within 2 days--it's been 2 weeks. We stay in hotels about once a month for personal traveling and this is the very first time I have ever written a negative review on any stay. Unless you know the owner I would not stay here!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Texas-AnnTexas
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

1) The management and registration staff received additional training in courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) Registration staff received additional training in properly registering our valued guests.

3) Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at BEST WESTERN Southgate Inn. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed August 16, 2009

We arrived late around midnight after travleing for hours. I had to wake the desk clerk up, he was fast asleep in the chair. I was given room 108. We went to the room and went right to bed. Before bed we noticed a half plastered ceiling in the bathroom but thought nothing of it. Around 6 :00 am we were awoke to the sound of running water. I went into the bathroom and discovered that the water from the person taking a shower in the room above me was pouring into my room from the horrible plaster job on the ceiling, soaking everything. It was then I also discovered that the ceiling and walls were covered in black mold! The floor in the closet was also covered in black mold. When I complained to the manager, (by phone because he refused to come speak with me) he was rude and was not apolagetic at all. The condition of this hotel is Horrendous and this placed should be torn down. At all cost stay away from this dump!!!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tnsmac
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

1) Management staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

2) Maintenance staff was instructed to see to the proper repair of the plastering job done in the room assigned to you.

3) Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Reviewed March 20, 2009

The manager/owner kicked my family out at 10:30pm when I complained about the timely manner that it took and persistence on my part to get some dried blood from a previous guest cleaned off of our toilet in room 101. Not acceptable in my world.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank familyman32Texas
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Southgate Inn for your recent stay in our area. I am very sorry things didn’t work out for you and your family.

1) The management/owner received additional training in the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

2) Housekeeping staff received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2009

Stayed here for one night while visiting friends and had no problems. The room was nicer than I expected and the bed was comfortable. They had a pretty good continental breakfast in the morning. It was what you would expect from a Best Western hotel. I only gave the location 3 stars because it is kind of a weird "out of the way" location, being in Buda. But we really weren't interested in being in downtown Austin that trip anyway.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2008

We were tired and it looked nice. Don't judge a book by its cover. Sheets were torn and when we asked for them to be replaced we were told there was no staff available to replace them. Understaffed and very poor customer service.

• Disliked — Service
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Guest,

1) Housekeeping staff received additional traininlg in properly making up the beds.

2) Management staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buda
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's
Americas Best Value Inn - Buda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kyle - Austin South
Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin South - Buda

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!