See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 5, 2016 via mobile

Super MAD!!!!!! Coming here was the WORST experience of my life. Outside looks decent but as soon as u walk in u want to Vomit!!!!! The smell is so disgusting that it penetrates your clothes. A mixture of curry & sweaty armpits. AND let's not even get started with the customer service it sucks. Staff have Horrible attitudes and make u feel unwanted. Rooms have stains and mildew. For anyone looking to stay in Buda Tx PLS PLS PLS stay elsewhere. It's not worth u saving a few bucks.
Just because I have to rate this place I gave it a one but in reality it's a -zero

Stayed: October 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Evelyn A
Reviewed September 8, 2016

Booked this hotel for a family reunion trip and only chose this place because of the rate and you do get what you pay for. PROS: Quiet and clean, breakfast was good and decent with grab and go options as well as eggs, sausage and Texas waffles. Parking is good given its location is beside an automotive repair shop and the closest food option is Burger King. CONS: The pool opens at 2p and you cannot get in earlier since it is card key access only which was disappointing for a holiday weekend trip and it was dirty too. I even asked the front desk if there was something wrong with the pool given the hoses in and out of the pool and told that it may have been due to the rain they had but it was still really murky on the next day (hoses removed from the pool area) which was disappointing to my son and our family also staying in another room. Air condition works great as long as you keep the curtains open otherwise the room never gets all that cool even when on 65 degrees. Due to the vent direction when you close the mid-curtain the air just blows into the curtain so no hope for a cold room unless you keep it open. We had television reception problems too and had to ask the front desk if it was just our room only to find out it was the overall hotel's signal. Housekeeping forgot to add a sheet to one bed which was closer to the window and a/c during our 4 night stay but luckily my husband preferred it that way but again still careless. The bathroom sink leaked unless you closed the water just right and when housekeeping came to clean they took our used bath bar from the shower and failed to replace it with a new one.

Depending on your tolerance or comfort level the hotel serves its purpose as a clean place to sleep but don't expect anything more than that. Lesson learned - always find out pool hours as this was a first for us not being able to swim before 2 p.m.

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed August 23, 2016

We chose this hotel simply because it had the lowest price. We were not disappointed. Room was clean, except some spots on the bed covers. Bed was comfy. Elevator worked just fine, and appeared to have been recently painted. Internet was somewhat slow. We did not have time to sit down and eat breakfast, so we got a bowl with a sausage patty, biscuit and some gravy to take with us. Not like yo mama makes, can't recommend it.
Our main issue was the access! You have to plan your routes according to one-way access roads or take the secret bat entrance which is a steep decline that my husband declined to attempt in our vehicle.
Plenty of parking, close to everything in Kyle, and nice staff. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you are brave you can save time coming in from the side road
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2016

I’ll be happy to share my very negative experience with you. Yesterday, I booked three rooms (or so I thought I did) with Quality Inn & Suites, 18658 I-35 South, Buda, TX, 78610, over the phone, as this site kept freezing up when I attempted to book on line. When I booked the rooms, I asked for a confirmation via email. Mike with Quality Inn stated one would be sent and I would receive it shortly. After waiting an hour or so, I called back and this time spoke with Robby. I explained that I earlier booked three rooms and hadn’t received the confirmation. He assured me there was no problem, the rooms were booked and he would send me the confirmation. A short while later, I did receive a confirmation, but for one room not three. I called back and spoke with Robby again. I explained that I only received one confirmation for one room, not three. Robby explained that that was the only confirmation they would be sending, as their system works like that, he had no control over the system, and the one confirmation covers all three rooms. I explained that I was uncomfortable with that. I stated what if something were to happen between now and January, computer glitch or whatever, and we arrive in January with only the one room confirmation and we’re told there aren’t any other rooms available. I would have no evidence that I had booked three rooms. Robby didn’t care for my questions, he was beginning to become irritated with me and wanted to know if I just wanted to cancel my reservation. I asked why he had to be like that and stated no I didn’t want to cancel. As an alternative, I requested that he email me a note to state that I do in fact have three rooms booked and confirmed. He stated that he couldn’t do that because the system is like a template and there is no place in the template to type that information. I then suggested that he not use the system and just send me a straight forward email. He hissed and told me hold, dropped the phone on the counter and then hung up on me. While I thought I was holding I received the attached emailed letter. I then called you, Choice Hotels, to lodge a grievance as to the inappropriate behavior I had just experienced with Robby and Quality Inn. After a lengthy wait period, Vine answered my call (very difficult to understand Vine due to her broken English). I explained my experience, she told me to hold on, she was transferring me to a manager. The phone again rang several times and a gentleman answered, couldn’t make out his name, and before I could explain much, I was put on hold without any warning. After holding for several minutes, the phone began to ring again and then I was disconnected.
I can’t tell you what a disappointing experience this has been. Rest assured that I will tell anyone who will listen to stay as far away as you can from Choice Hotels and their brands.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank robinmarshall2016
Reviewed July 23, 2016

Where do I start! The rate, $139 for a king flea bag. From the tattered elevator, to the door key card that would not work, to the dingy, dirty carpet, to the A/C that would not work in a hot room (100+ outside), to dingy worn looking furniture, to no tissues provided & only one drinking cup, to no hanging space for clothes, to a bed side lamp with burned out bulb, to a fire code no-no (no fire evacuation notice on the door or anywhere in room). About what I would expect in a $39 room, but after 3 consecutive nights in very nice and clean Comfort Inn's at $80 to $100, this was a slap in the face.
I have not stayed in a Quality Inn in many years and I would sleep in my car before I stay in another.
I only stayed for the following reasons, we were tired and could find no other nearby facilities vacant and with the temperatures in the 100's and my wife being legally blind and suffering with heart failure, I felt it a danger to do other wise.
Choice Hotels need to police their brand better, or get out of the business1

Room Tip: Go to a Hampton, or other brand.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family