See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 18, 2016

I’ll be happy to share my very negative experience with you. Yesterday, I booked three rooms (or so I thought I did) with Quality Inn & Suites, 18658 I-35 South, Buda, TX, 78610, over the phone, as this site kept freezing up when I attempted to book on line. When I booked the rooms, I asked for a confirmation via email. Mike with Quality Inn stated one would be sent and I would receive it shortly. After waiting an hour or so, I called back and this time spoke with Robby. I explained that I earlier booked three rooms and hadn’t received the confirmation. He assured me there was no problem, the rooms were booked and he would send me the confirmation. A short while later, I did receive a confirmation, but for one room not three. I called back and spoke with Robby again. I explained that I only received one confirmation for one room, not three. Robby explained that that was the only confirmation they would be sending, as their system works like that, he had no control over the system, and the one confirmation covers all three rooms. I explained that I was uncomfortable with that. I stated what if something were to happen between now and January, computer glitch or whatever, and we arrive in January with only the one room confirmation and we’re told there aren’t any other rooms available. I would have no evidence that I had booked three rooms. Robby didn’t care for my questions, he was beginning to become irritated with me and wanted to know if I just wanted to cancel my reservation. I asked why he had to be like that and stated no I didn’t want to cancel. As an alternative, I requested that he email me a note to state that I do in fact have three rooms booked and confirmed. He stated that he couldn’t do that because the system is like a template and there is no place in the template to type that information. I then suggested that he not use the system and just send me a straight forward email. He hissed and told me hold, dropped the phone on the counter and then hung up on me. While I thought I was holding I received the attached emailed letter. I then called you, Choice Hotels, to lodge a grievance as to the inappropriate behavior I had just experienced with Robby and Quality Inn. After a lengthy wait period, Vine answered my call (very difficult to understand Vine due to her broken English). I explained my experience, she told me to hold on, she was transferring me to a manager. The phone again rang several times and a gentleman answered, couldn’t make out his name, and before I could explain much, I was put on hold without any warning. After holding for several minutes, the phone began to ring again and then I was disconnected.
I can’t tell you what a disappointing experience this has been. Rest assured that I will tell anyone who will listen to stay as far away as you can from Choice Hotels and their brands.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank robinmarshall2016
Reviewed July 23, 2016

Where do I start! The rate, $139 for a king flea bag. From the tattered elevator, to the door key card that would not work, to the dingy, dirty carpet, to the A/C that would not work in a hot room (100+ outside), to dingy worn looking furniture, to no tissues provided & only one drinking cup, to no hanging space for clothes, to a bed side lamp with burned out bulb, to a fire code no-no (no fire evacuation notice on the door or anywhere in room). About what I would expect in a $39 room, but after 3 consecutive nights in very nice and clean Comfort Inn's at $80 to $100, this was a slap in the face.
I have not stayed in a Quality Inn in many years and I would sleep in my car before I stay in another.
I only stayed for the following reasons, we were tired and could find no other nearby facilities vacant and with the temperatures in the 100's and my wife being legally blind and suffering with heart failure, I felt it a danger to do other wise.
Choice Hotels need to police their brand better, or get out of the business1

Room Tip: Go to a Hampton, or other brand.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank tbc3
Reviewed May 28, 2016

The hotel is good. The staff is kind. For breakfast you can get eggs, waffles, patties, coffee, juice and small pies. There are vending machines for drinks and snacks.
What might be inconvenient is that there is almost nothing around. If you want to go to the city you need to own or rent a car. There is no public transportation from the hotel.

Room Tip: Maybe the rooms with view to the road are better. There is nothing on the back.
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

Very clean rooms and easy access to interstate. Staff seemed very understaffed and service was slow at desk. Several busses with school kids and never enough breakfast to go around. Did not restock. Breakfast area was always trashed out. Would stay there again on next trip to Austin.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2016

I made a rsv (YES, AT MY EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT) and I understand we are not paying full rate BUT still like to be treated as paying guest. I RSV a TWO BED FOR MY FIANCE, MY SON AND MYSELF.. I ended up having to pick up a shiftthat someone called in sick for. SO I PUT HIS NAME on the comment section. He called me @ 230PM telling me they CXLD my rsv. I asked why & he said they would NOT tell him that i needed to call and speak with management. SO I DID.. I explained that i picked up a shift and would not arrive till about 2am. He was NOT interested in anything other than my HOTEL CODE.. he asked rudely (MORE LIKE YELLING AND DEMANDING) about it and what it was. I explained i had no idea what he was talking about. I was trying to come to all my senses(FROM WORKING A DOUBLE AND HAVING TO PULL A TURN-AROUND) & UPSET BC THE RSV WAS CXLD. Then he ACCUSED me of lying- saying i am not an employee BC ALL employees KNOW THE HOTEL CODE.. I repeated myself again.. i did not know it.. so he yelled .. rsv is cxld.. he needs to leave or have the cops called.. RUDE. finally i gave him my log in name and he said.. oh .. you are an employee .. i will put the rsv back in .. BUT we only have 1 beds available. i explained it is 2 adults and a teen.. we can not stay in a 1 bed.. RUDELY he said that was all they had.. and it is management's choice of what type of room for employee's to stay in.. we took it.. no other choice. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN. THIS WAS MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

Room Tip: Do NOT allow management to CHOOSE your room.!
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family