“Difficult to Access. Nothing nearby”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Buda
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Just your average off the highway place. Got in late and desk clerk was in dining area using phone. Breakfast not impressive. Area not maintained throughout meal service. Many tables had other peoples trash on them but I can't entirely blame hotel. What is wrong with people not disposing of their own trash. Had language difficulty with check in clerk, room attendants, as no one really speaks clear English. Pool area was locked from access at 11am? The biggest issue is how difficult it is to reach. Service road in front of highway is one way only and unless you are going south I 35 you need to by pass it and double back from highway. I felt unsafe in rain on roads around property. Only nearby eatry is Burger King. Rooms in front of building have highway noise. Rooms are okay. Clean and average. Guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We pre-booked our reservations and received an excellent price. This turned out to be a wise choice because we checked in on the Saturday before Labor Day and rates here (and all over the city) were twice as much. The staff was courteous, friendly and helpful. All decor (lobby, rooms, and breakfast area) appeared to be new. Manager/owner(?) is very personable and interested in the quality of our stay. He even advised us to park our motorcycles in full view of the front security cameras so that they could be monitored overnight. This was above and beyond what we would normally expect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Mike, at the front desk, accommodated us by checking out our room to see if it was ready, and it was, even though we were checking in 3 hours before the check in time of 3 p.m. He helped us with our parking. He was friendly. Although I am not from India, nor have ever visited there, I asked him about India because it seemed to me he might have been from there.. He did not mind our personal questioning, although he himself did not ask any intrusive questions about ourselves. I used the swimming pool and it was clean and refreshing. Mike provided us with extra coffee. The breakfast was absolutely delicious, with a good variety of good food.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

When I arrived around 3:30 in the afternoon there were two cars parked in the drive-way where customers are supposed to use to check-in and unload. These cars were still there until the night shift came on so I am guessing these cars belonged to employees. The door to the room was so hard to open and close that my wife could not do it by herself. The room was OK except the bed was too soft for our liking and we both woke up with back-aches. The commode was one of those with an air tank in it. I realize it probably saves them money on less water usage but it sounds like a 747 took off on the roof every time you flush, which can wake up anyone sleeping even with the door closed. The bath tub was so slippery that we both feared falling down and laid a town down to keep from slipping and falling. The next morning as we were leaving there was no one at the check-in/check-out counter so I could inform them of the door and the tub. While leaving I noticed that there were two handicapped parking spots near the front door. One of the handicapped signs had been altered with a "Private Parking" sign attached to it, covering up the handicapped part. The car was a Mercedes S550 so I am assuming it belonged to the owner. The two Lexus's that were in the drive-way when I arrived were back, parked in the drive way again. It it obvious that the owner and employees care more about themselves than they do their customers. Handicapped parking spots should not be altered to Private, and I question if that is even legal.

Room Tip: Don't expect good service unless they change ownership.
Reviewed August 7, 2013

It's August 5th in Texas ... and the pool is EMPTY. Not too many guests (judjing from parking lot) but they ran out of food on that sad little breakfast spread - the bananas had been ripe for a few days too long. They have little cups for the waffle batter, but too small to make a full waffle. The vending areas on 2nd and 3rd floors were empty ... no ice, no soda, no snacks. Had to go to the first floor to get anything. There was a data port in the room that did not work though they had WiFi and that was just okay.

Room Tip: The best room here would be elsewhere.
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I would say the bed and room appearance is good. It was clean, restroom was clean but the smoking smell in a non-smoking room was really bad. I tried staying in the pool to avoid being in the room but the pool was filthy. The person in the front desk said they had forgot to clean in that morning told me to give him an hour and I would be able to go in. When I returned over an hour later the pool was so foggy from all the dirt that had been moved around. It was disgusting. I was not offered anything but a can of Febreze.

1  Thank Brenda V
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Came in town for one night. The front desk clerk was very professional and friendly. Rooms were clean, nicely decorated. Pool area nice, but not a sun deck so wear shoes in the summer. Great place to stay for price and again CLEAN.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buda
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's
Best Western Plus Buda Austin Inn & Suites
4 mi away
Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel
Americas Best Value Inn - Buda

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!