“Stayed Twice in March 2013, enjoyed both stays - Quiet hotel”

Quality Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Buda
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here twice on our driving trip through Texas. This hotel is located nicely as a base for access to a variety of activities in Austin and its vicinity. We took day drives to Enchanted Rock, Fredricksburg, Lyndon B Johnson National Monument, food trucks in Austin, Austin capital buildings and Wildseed farms.

As always, Best Westerns are one of our favorite hotels because they are consistent in quality and we love the hot breakfast items.

The manager in this specific hotel recognized us from a previous stay and upgraded our room the second night to a suite. This was a nice surprise. Even though pool season didn't start till next week, he even mentioned he would look into what it would take to open the pool early for us, especially since today was a record high for the area. After getting back from dinner, it was a bit cold, so I told him not to pursue opening the pool since without sun, I probably wouldn't go swimming anyway.

On the downside, we noticed the orange 'drink' is not real orange juice. I've noticed lately that a lot of restaurants that serve breakfast have been doing this.

Room Tip: We had both a front and back room, 2nd and 3rd floor. The hotel doesn't have any business or ro...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn and Suites

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Hi,

I stayed here with My Family in last week of February, The first thing for which i booked is the access from I 35. What i observed was though it was connected to I 35, the place was quiet and peaceful. On Entry I was greeted warmly by Mr. Ravi, who was full of Enthusiasm and Pleasant. Then we entered the room which was spacious for our family and very cozy and comfortable. The view was great from window. In the evening Mr. Ravi and his Mother Mrs. Patel owner of the hotel helped us with whereabouts in near vicinity. They were very helpful. Next day we met with Srilankan manager who also helped us with list of popular places to visit. I had only booked for one night, and i kept on repenting why didnt i book for more. Would be staying here surely in next Austin stay. Thank you guys for making me and my family feel special.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here during the first week of March 2013. The staff was excellent. The room was well maintained and very clean. The management staff was very kind and respectful. I needed peace and quiet and it was provided in abundance. The only drawback was that the pool was still closed but Mr. Patel let me sit by the pool anyway!

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the quietest.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now. I stay in 100 hotel rooms a year as I travel for business. This best western is located in a very convenient location, South of Austin. The hotel is run by a very professional staff. The lobby and rooms are always very neatly cleaned and all accommodations are up to date. When I stay there, I always feel like I am staying in a 5 star hotel for 2 star prices.... You can't beat it, especially in this heavely traveled area!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Right on top of I-35, it is only a short distance from Austin. The value of this hotel versus staying in Austin was great! The location was by far the best thing about this hotel. The breakfast in the morning would be the worst, they only has four small tables in the room, so we got stuck grabbing breakfast and taking it up to our room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank ShelbyN1491
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I needed a room for peace and quiet for what would be two intense days and a lot of homework at night in order to be successful. I told Mike this over the phone and was assured that the rooms are quiet. Well, I've heard that before at other hotels. So, I stressed it again at check-in, and Rabin provided exactly what I requested. I am so pleased. My room was so quiet, and the desk space was perfect. I got good sleep in the big comfortable bed at night. I faced the intense meetings during the day. I spread out all of my assignments at the desk, sat in the comfortable chair for hours, connected to the internet well, and did all of my homework both nights. I left Austin with a sense of pride in my work and with the best reviews from my sessions. Thank you, Southgate Inn!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed here overnight during a trip to visit family. Although I didn't spend much time in the hotel I found it to be conveniently located and the staff to be very gracious and helpful. My room was large and clean, and the parking lot was spacious and well-lit. I would definitely stay here again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family