“too much noise”

Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Buda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The hotel was nice and the breakfast was great. They accepted my dog. The problem was a sports team next door and across the hall. They partied every night till 2 am and banged the door every morning while running across the hall. The hotel did tell them to quiet down. But after they had been reported by more than 3 guests they should have been moved or asked to leave.
They made the stay bad for everyone and their sponsors should have been ashamed of their behavior. The hotel is not to blame but they did make several guests angry and lose sleep.
Maybe in the future sports teams like this should be on 1st floor or 4th floor so they will not bother other guests. I stayed in Dallas and they had sports teams but they were well behaved.

Room Tip: Stay away from sports teams either top floor or first floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel for over two years now and would recommend it to all who needs more than just a place to crash. This one has the nicest people working there, very helpful. They want to help and that makes a big difference. But the beds are so-o-o comfortable, you'll never want to leave. The grounds outside are just a neat and clean as the interior. Anyone who needs a high quailty nights sleep should do themselves a favor and go to Buda instead of Austin

Room Tip: 4th floor has a problem with wifi but all rooms are large enough for 6 people easy
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel stay was excellent from the reception to the departure! Rooms were clean and welcoming!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Fairly new hotel located south of Austin and near San Marcos and New Braunfals made a great weekend getaway location. Plenty of good resturants nearby.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

When I reserved my room I requested to not be next to the elevator or the ice machine. My room was exactly inbetween both. When I asked where I could get food I was directed to the bar. After asking for a menu from a rather snippy bartender I went to my room to get my companion's order. Upon my return, the bartender was in a yelling match with the front desk clerk and told me the bar and grill was closed. He then proceeded to pick a fight with another guest of the hotel. The cops were called after much more yelling and threats. I asked the front desk if there was any other way to get food and they looked at me like I had grown another head. I had to then drive and find something after having been on the road all day and wanted nothing but to eat and go to bed (the meal, I feel, should have been compensated at least since it was their bartender getting into a fight being the reason the grill was closed at 5 pm). After getting ready for bed I noticed I had forgotten my toothbrush so I went to the front desk to ask for a complimentary one. No one was at the front desk (10 pm). And after waiting for about five minutes, a guy (obviously not with the hotel bc he was not wearing any type of uniform or name tag, I assume he was a local who frequented the place for the bar/grill) went behind the desk to get me one. The beds were abnormally tall (and my companion and I are not midgets) I found myself having to jump/flop on top of them just to get on the bed.And being inbetween the elevator and the ice machine (where I had requested not to be) also put me next to the pool so rowdiness and screaming could be heard through the paper thin walls until 11pm. Then once I thought I could finally get some rest, the crickets started. Not outside, but several had come in through the good 1 inch crack from the door and tormented me throughout the night. In the morning, there were no complimentary newspapers and they had run out of coffee (8:30 a). I could not wait to check out!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Aleese M
Management response:Responded July 3, 2012

Thank you for the review of your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues you experienced during stay. Guest satisfaction and safety is our top priority and our property wants to make this right for you. Please reach out to me directly with your contact information so we can make it right.

Thank you.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The front desk person just stands there was not welcoming.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for your review from your most recent stay. We pride ourselves in having a very clean hotel and apologize for you not being completely satisfied with your stay. We would like to create a positive future stay for you, so if you could contact me at your earliest convenience so we can resolve the issue.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stopped here on our way to South Padre Island. The entrance and lobby very clean and staff was pleasant. Our room was great, the beds comfy and the bathroom very nice! Breakfast the next morning was well stocked and lots of variety.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for expressing your postive experience at the Comfort Suites - Buda. We are glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community. We hope to see you again on your next visit down to the Buda area!