“The good and the bad”

Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Buda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The hotel is lovely. They make you feel very welcome. We travel with our dog and everyone was so friendly and helpful. The accommodations are very nice. The room was clean and spacious. At $90 for the night, it seemed like a very good deal. I would recommend this hotel as being top-notch...until...

We were charged for three nights, but stayed only two. Upon check-out, the lady behind the desk informed me she "thought" she knew how to correct the mistake, but when she entered the info, it actually charged us for an additional night again. While I was waiting for her to fix the problem, she left the desk and went over to the breakfast bar area and began refilling the coffee dispenser. Come to find out, the front desk manager had called a meeting of all front desk employees at their multiple hotel locations and left the poor breakfast bar lady to try to handle the check-out rush. Not her fault. Asked to speak with manager. He was at the other location and told her to handle it. When she called him again for help, he told her to get our email address and he would sort it out over email. At that point (now 45 minutes later) I demanded the manager come to our location. He did come and we were no more confident of his ability to remedy the situation. I kept all four of my receipts to make sure our credit card was charged correctly. It was. However, what kind of a brainless idea was it to put the breakfast buffet lady in charge during check-out?

Again, the hotel itself is worthy of an excellent rating, but the incompetence and lack of concern demonstrated by the front desk can't allow it.

1  Thank pilotmom90

Reviewed April 1, 2012

We had a wedding party stay at this location. Clean, comfortable and a wonderful helpful staff. Anthony, the bartender, rocks and understands taking care of customers. If we need to stay in the area again, this will be our first choice.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We have relatives on the south side of Austin and this hotel, technically in Buda, is just 5 minutes away. The price is better than most places in Austin as well. We had a king bedroom with a separate sitting room behind a half wall. Bed was comfortable and the place was clean. Breakfast was the usual items but they left access to fresh fruit and coffee all day.
There is a bar and grill in the lobby. People seemed to use it repeatedly but we did not.

The hotel sits in a field just off I 35. No road noise at the hotel. There are several fast food restaurants nearby.

Reviewed March 23, 2012

Nice property well maintained. Breakfast was nice. The lobby had a "grease" odor I believe because of the small bar located in the lobby that sells dome foods. This was our only negative. Check in was easy and lady was very nice.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

10 min. from austin, we booked it 1 day before SXSW. and got a closer hotel (7 days) room in austin - what a mistake that was because our hotel in austin was terrible compared to this hotel - why because free breakfast here (no tip necessary) & the hotel is new so EVERYTHING in the room was nice and new!!!! plus it's a BIG room like a super nice Marriott nice...beds were soft & new.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I don't get the negative reviews. I understand if someone is upset that they didn't get what they were promised, but that isn't the case in my book. I travel on business, and spend about 75 nights a year in hotel rooms. This room was extremely well kept, and very nicely furnished, especially by Comfort Suites standards. Not that there is anything wrong with CS, it's just that this location goes above and beyond. The carpet, furniture and bedding are very nice. A few weeks back, I stayed at the Hampton Inn, Buda on the other side of the interstate. The rooms at the CS are nicer and about $20 a night less expensive. I can't say anything about the bar or the restaurant, as I used neither.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I rented the Banquet Room in October 2011 and called on Jan 2012 and They had another Manager. I had went through 3 managers, and then The day of my Party by 7pm. was told turn off music. We used there Ipod system and they were still complaining that it WAS still to loud. So party ended then ONE of my rooms was mess because the Front desk clerk is running cleaning rooms and working front DESK. So Sad won't go back if they PAID ME! Oh for got I woke up to loud Music in the banquet at 7am. They can't wait to Rent there Banquet Room. Desperate!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Neenah G
rickcrain, General Manager at Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 29, 2012

We appreciate your review of your recent stay with us at the Comfort Suites - Buda. It is truly regrettable that your experience in our banquet facility was not met with your expectations.

We strive to ensure every guest is delivered a positive experience at our property.

Unforunately, with the decibel level of music disturbing surrounding guests we had to comply and do the best we could to ensure all guests were not being disturbed. Our apologies if our policy was not explained thoroughly prior to your event.

Thank you.