Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin South - Buda
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewssan marcos outlet mallcell phonenice sizenewer hotelclean roomsa great staystarbucksdeskfreewaymicrowavebeddingsofaclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Well thought out...this is what a hotel room should be. First the entire hotel was sparkling clean. The rooms were spacious with great decore and high ceilings, ceiling fan so you don't need the AC unit on all night, small kitchenette and the BEST bed I have ever slept in. Must disagree with a previous reviewer re: squeaky & uncomfortable beds as ours were great and unlike him we found the hotel very quiet. The location is right off I-35 close to Austin but at half the price and also only a few miles from the San Marcos outlet mall. Great stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Nothing to look at from the outside BUTTTTTT the inside was VERY NICE. Excellent staff, wonderful breakfast, VERY clean hotel and the rooms we had were enormous WITH a ceiling fan over the bed !!!! A hot flash momma's dream !!!! small kitchenette & the BEST BED EVER. Told my husband I would be willing to pay for an extra night just to stay and SLEEP on that bed !!!!!! Ohhhh Myyyyy! Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: LARGE rooms ! Fridge, microwave, & bid bathroom !
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I would definitely recommend staying here if you need to stay close to Austin or San Marcos. The hotel is very nice, clean, and great breakfast!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 2, 2011

First the good. The day staff is great. Eric and Raj at the front desk were more than courteous and professional in everything from helping us make a reservation over the phone to doing their best to ameliorate some of the problems we experienced at this property. A+ for those guys.

The property is pretty new, so everything looks great.

However, they cut some corners with this particular Holiday Inn. The noise you encounter (especially when it's full on weekends) from the hallway and, at times, adjoining rooms is uncommon for a newer facility. We had to move from a room on the first floor that was too close to the lobby because all the traffic through the lobby and in/out of the pool area kept disturbing our 2-year-old at night. The second floor room we were moved to was better, but still uncommonly noisy for a hotel of this standard.

Whoever ordered the mini-fridges made a big mistake. The fridge in the first room had to be replaced because the coils had frozen and it was no longer cool. They brought us a fridge right out of the box which was fine, but when we moved into the quieter room on the 2nd floor the fridge there also did not work and had to be replaced (with the fridge from the first room).

There were other slight annoyances like breakfast not being ready on time on Sunday morning; it was an hour late I think because someone didn’t show up for work.

Accessibility to the property is and has been an issue, as the underpass you would go under after exiting I-35 to access the hotel has been under construction for some time. You must take detours that add 3-4 minutes when accessing the facility from I-35 south or 5-6 minutes if accessing I-35 south from the hotel.

The beds in both rooms were really, really squeaky and the mattresses were unkind to our backs after several days. Probably won’t bother you if you’re staying there just 2 or 3 nights.

The check-out process took a hair under 12 minutes, which was more than annoying. We checked out at 4:45am to catch an early flight, but the desk worker must have fallen asleep in the back. It took a solid 5 minutes of me shouting to rouse him from his slumber. Then he couldn’t figure out how to check us out. He first asked us to sign the check-in form stating that we understood the hotel’s non-smoking and pet policy, which made no sense. After drawing his attention to the fact that I needed to pay and check out of the hotel, he took another 4-5 minutes figuring it all out. When you have a 6:20am flight to catch, a long check-out is the last thing you need. More training is needed for their graveyard staff (and a bell to ring when they fall asleep)

On our last visit to Buda we stayed at the Hampton Inn on the other side of the freeway. Although it is usually a bit pricier (sometimes you can snag deals), Hampton is probably the nicest hotel in Buda overall. However, the Holiday Inn has fridges and microwaves in every room while Hampton does not.

Room Tip: Get room away from lobby/pool area.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank braziliansoccerstar
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The hotel room was beautiful! i always had fresh towels, fixed bed, and fresh toiletries!!! There was NOT any bugs or anything like that in my room but the pool had lots of bugs, the breakfast was good except there was fruit flies and regular flies. I was told that I had to put a card on file to reserve the room but I paid in cash. When i asked the hotel cashier what they did with my card number they said they delete it from their files. I did not athorize ANY transaction on my card, but they still took out over $200. When i called and asked them about the transaction they said they charge everyone a holding fee, but they will redosite the funds!!!! that would have been good to know before i stayed there!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family