“Jewel in Buda.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Buda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have stayed in the hotel in the past and I have never had such a wonderful experience as I did this past week. The front desk was very nice as usual, but my experience with the maid was the best I have ever had. In this world where people in customer service are lacking, I have to praise one specific individual who made my stay the best ever. Holly was taking care of every one of my requests including a refrig I requested for 6 hours to be brought to my room. I asked the maid if she could see what the hold up was about my request about the refrig and she was back knocking on my door with the little plug in refrig within in 5 mins. I was so impressed with her lugging up this item and even plugging it in for me. The jewel is Holly I would stay at this establishment again.

Room Tip: Stay on the floor where Holly is in charge, she will meet and exceed your needs.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
rickcrain, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have a great team member such as Holly that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. I will definately be sure to share your feedback with her and commend her on the job well done. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Buda area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations. We look forward to having you back on your return visit!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda

Reviewed April 21, 2014

The staff are friendly and knowledeable about the town. they go out of their way to make you feel welcomed. the rooms are nice and the breakfast is great. you are right off the highway so it has easy access to the highway.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Hotel was very clean, staff very friendly and welcoming. Rooms were spacious and furnishings nice. All linens were fresh and cozy. Very quiet hotel except for the occasional rude person who doesn't know how to shut a door without letting it slam. The only thing we didn't like is that the bathroom provided only a shower, no tub. We will stay here any time we are in town.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the 5-Star review and sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community. We are glad to hear you had a great stay and we look forward to having you back on your return visit to the Hampton Inn & Suites - Buda

Reviewed April 17, 2014

While staying at the Hampton Inn i always get a peaceful full nights sleep and a comfortable clean bed in a spacious room. I enjoy the breakfast in the morning and the staff is very friendly and always willing to help.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Buda area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Spent two nights this past weekend in a very clean and what seemed to be relatively new room. As a hospitality professional, I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room. Everything was functional however the TV in the room was very awkwardly small for a king size room and a large dresser that was far away. Looked like a 22 inch TV.

Check in was boring. Came in from New Jersey and was excited to be in Texas for the first time. All I was asked was if it was the same credit card I had booked with and to sign. Agent did not tell me about any of the hotel features, did not ask me what I was there for or where I was coming from, did not tell me anything about the area, and did not seem enthusiastic at all. Upon arrival agent was sitting in the restaurant area watching tv and seemed as if i was a bother to check in and take her from her tv show. I did not know anything about the wifi, breakfast, pool, or snack room without finding out myself and figuring it out.

I went to the desk one night and asked for the closest ATM and to give another TWO agents a chance to experience the texas hospitality. Again, seemed they bored. At check out, agent was again sitting watching tv and had to come to the desk. I had mentioned I was just checking out and before she got to the desk she just told me to leave the keys on the desk and walked back to her TV show...

Rating would be 5, but staff should not have been in the hospitality industry. No personalities at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
rickcrain, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the lack of service you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Great Staff! Eager to help, made me feel welcome! The king size bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. I like the extra plugs supplied in the room and the continental breakfast was just what i needed. this was an great location for our event. Hampton Inn has really done a good job with their new formats! Thanks to Hilton! Also i like to parking place for Diamond Members!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
rickcrain, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for the rave review and sharing your experience! We are truly grateful to have hotel team members that enjoy being of service to our hotel guests and make you feel comfortable while staying with us. We know that you have many choices for hotel accommodations when staying in the Buda area and we appreciate you giving us the opportunity to host your accommodations.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

IF you and your family are around the Austin area, I advise you to continue driving for another 20 minutes to the town Buda. There is this great Hotel you can lodge at is called the Hampton Inn. Every time I’m in the area this is my choice hotel. They haven’t failed me yet the rooms are always clean, the staff is respectful, and the breakfast is the best I ever had. Just saying when you are in the area stop by and check them out.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the great review and sharing your positive experience with the Tripadvisor community. We appreciate your loyalty and always choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites - Buda. We will see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buda
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's
Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin South - Buda
Americas Best Value Inn - Buda
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kyle - Austin South
Best Western Plus Buda Austin Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda? Share your experiences!