“Nice Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Buda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday when all other Hilton properties were sold out in Austin.This Hampton Inn was very nice. The rooms and common are clean. It is very close to shopping and restaurants. Staff was helpful and nice. This hotel is an excellent place to stay within 15 minutes of downtown Austin.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rdwacw

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Buda Hampton Inn is typical of all the newer Hampton Inns; nice, clean room, friendly staff and good breakfast. We stay here because we have a daughter and family that live in Buda. However, its two main attractions are that it is next to the Cabela's Sporting Goods store. I am not a hunter but I can always spend an hour in Cabelas just looking. Their collention of taxidermy animals is like going to the zoo and children enjoy seeing them. Their "truck stop" coffee mugs are the best coffee mugs I own.

Second, this Hampton Inn is on the airport side of Austin and is an easy drive to the airport even at rush hour in the early morning.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DesertRatNM
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I travel a lot between Austin, San Antonio, and Corpus Christi and there is, for me, only one central location for all my business travel, relaxation, service, stores, time to think and a great place to sleep and work. This hotel is located 3 blocks off the Interstate (I-35) and yet within blocks of fast food, steakhouses, pharmacies, and even a great Cabelas for a place to walk, think and shop. Just down the frontage road I can get computer accessories, Target, and more.

Every morning, breakfast has a new hot entree with plenty of other foods and fresh fruit. The staff is cheerful and serves well. The place is well protected with locked side doors and is well appointed and spacious rooms. The staff makes the stay great and everything is "Yes, we can" attitude.

Included is free high speed wifi, pool, guest laundry, spa, and fitness room. A super deal and great prices.

Room Tip: If you are staying for a long week, ask for an upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DrMarkES
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

I rec'd another guests statement ( under my door) and she mine
It had my home address and Hilton honor number... Too much information to share.
The room was spacious and clean. Food in the morning had lots of choices available.
The woman at the front desk was helpful on check in but she should find a clean shirt to wear... Afterall she is the first person to leave an impression when you walk in

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank ShAronmarie3311
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was our first stay at this hotel. We usually stay downtown at the Embassy Suites but everything was booked when we were visiting Austin. The hotel is a great place to stay at a great price. The hotel is located south of Austin on I35 about a 12 minute drive from downtown. Its located behind a Cabellas, Walmart, HEB and an Arbys but it is on a different street so you don’t get all the traffic from the stores. The hotel looks fairly new, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was warm and they had a variety of choices. My wife loved their coffee so much so that we skipped the customary stop at Starbucks about 1/2 mile away the whole weekend.
We stayed on the 4th Floor in the Jacuzzi Suite and we were surprised to find the room was very spacious. The bed was comfortable and the rooms were quiet except for the occasional door slam from other rooms.
The one thing that we did not like was the north side elevator was very noisy and a bit scary.
Other than that we would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: 4rth floor Jacuzzi Suite was spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank steve u
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I spent 1 night in this hotel. It was in a good convenient location to lots of restaurants.Cabela's ,Walmart,Target,HEB and several other businesses close by.Room was clean, bed was very comfortable , breakfast was good.Just a nice place to hang your hat .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mandy54
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Staying at this hotel was not a pleasant experience. We've stayed at several other Hampton Inn locations around the country, most recently in Cedar Rapids, IA just 2 months ago where we stayed for 3 nights. This location was nothing like the others we've visited in the past.

When my husband and I arrived around 9pm, we found the welcome mat in the vestibule to be soiled and tattered. This set the theme for our entire experience. Once we exited the elevator on our floor (4th floor), we noticed that the carpets were heavily stained all the way to our room. The carpets in our room had cigarette burns and numerous stains all over them as well. We wore our sandals the whole time. The carpeted baseboards did not match the floor carpet. There were scuff marks all over the walls. The bed was like a trampoline it was so bouncy. The towels and washcloths were terribly thin and small and the shampoo and conditioner seemed watered down. We heard other guests talking, their tvs, doors slamming, etc. very clearly from our room. We ended up turning the "fan on" on the thermostat just to drown out the noise. We woke up with sore backs and left as quickly as we could pack up. Eating breakfast in the hotel meant staying longer so we blew it off.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sara R
rickcrain, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I understand you were unhappy with the cleanliness of your room as well as our property and I am very sorry for this experience. We take a lot of pride in our guests being satisfied and apologize that we were unable to meet that expectation, especially because as you’ve mentioned this is not typical of our hotel. I am working with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area, you will consider staying with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buda
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Buda at Cabela's
Comfort Suites Buda – Austin South Hotel
Best Western Plus Buda Austin Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Austin South - Buda
Quality Inn and Suites
Hampton Inn Kyle
Hampton Inn Kyle
#1 of 3 in Kyle

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda? Share your experiences!