“Best Hotel Experience EVER!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Buda
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cypress
“Best Hotel Experience EVER!!”
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I am a very frequent traveler both for business and personal. My teenage daughter's soccer team had to be in Buda, Texas the weekend before Christmas for a tournament.This Hampton Inn made the experience amazing. The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms and bathrooms were all clean, and our girls where able to blow off steam and enjoy the pool and fitness center in December! The breakfast was quite tasty and they changed the menu so we did not have to eat the same thing each morning. We were a large group and I had some problems with billing but one phone call later it was all cleared up. An overall amazing experience, I would recommend for families traveling as well as for professionals on business trip.

Room Tip: Our group had many rooms on various floors and no one complained of noise of other problems. The kin...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Dyrk R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We recently stayed here mainly due to the closeness of the Hotel to Cabelas. In fact we could see Cabelas from the room just across the street. I found the hotel to be clean, friendly staff, etc. The room price was higher than Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn, etc but I paid a little more to be off the interstate and convenient to Cabelas. They had a nice continental breakfast within a bigger room than most places provide. The food was good with a variety available. I would rate the breakfast as the best I have had that is included in the package. You get what you pay for, I enjoyed the whole experience and would stay there again. If you stay here, you need to eat at Dan's Hamburgers that is closeby on the Old San Antonio road which Cabelas Drive turns into. Sort of between Cracker Barrel and Walmart. We ate there twice. I don't think it was a national chain. The food was quality. Real meat, real fries, etc. See my review on this also.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Alanm1951
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 7, 2011

Usually Hampton Inns are pretty close in quality. Some need a bit of updating but even those usually aren't that bad. I spent one night at this hotel during a weekend stay in Austin. If you are traveling to the hotel at night it isn't hard to reach. It was a bit tricky getting to the hotel off the highway but nothing overly difficult. The hotel itself is a bit dated- it isn't in desperate need for an update but could definately use it. What suprised me though were how different the rooms were. The room I had was massive- probably 700 sq feet, had a microwave, and a fridge. Honestly it felt like a suite- now I don't know if I was upgraded or something but this place is definitely somewhere I would stay again if in the Austin area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Bittco
Sarasota, FL
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Nice enough. Some issues with clean (not clean) carpet. In a "big box, chainy" location. Easy on and off freeway. Overall fine for the short stay we needed. Desk staff not aware of dining options in area. Not engaged or interested. Had to do own research. All told, it was OK for the brief stay we needed. Upgraded to Jacuzzi room -- VERY large, a bit vacant , but nice to have the extra space, and Jacuzzi was nice on a chilly night.

Room Tip: The jacuzzi rooms bigger, would have been great for extra family members. Rooms themselves clean an...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank definiteopinions
Opelousas, Louisiana
Reviewed October 31, 2011

We were looking for a hotel close to Kyle, and this worked out perfectly. Hotel is next door to Walmart and Cabela's, what more could you need :) Several restuarants close by (within walking distance if without a vehicle).

It was a quick 5 minutes to Kyle on the interstate so this was an excellent option for our trip. If you needed somewhere just outside Austin, this is a decent location, especially if a trip to the outlet mall in San Marcos is part of the plan.

We arrived late (past midnight) and they had just cancelled our reservation. I did receive a call earlier that day from the hotel to confirm the reservation, so I provided them with an approximate time for my late check-in, so I'm assuming there was no passdown between shifts. The night shift manager, Luis, was very curtious and apologized for the inconvenience. He quickly entered the appropriate information and got us checked in. He also provided every piece of information needed for our stay.

We only tried breakfast on our departure morning and it met expectations. Cereal, waffles, eggs and a few other hot items. There was even a breakfast-to-go option, a pastry, fruit item, and something else I can't remember.

All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful, and here's another example. One of our keys quit working on the second evening. The manager on duty re-coded our key again and asked us to use the house phone on our floor if it didn't work (he would deliver a new key card to us in person).

We will consider this hotel when needing future accomodations in this area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bellcham
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 15, 2011

My family and I have stayed in a fair amount of hotels over the years and, because I'm about as cheap as they come, we've stayed in some real skanky ones. So we were pleasantly surprised when our trip to Austin brought us to the Hampton Inn, Buda. It was a little bit of a drive from downtown Austin (20-30 mins), but totally worth it. The rooms were really nice and the morning breakfast was great. That was a big one for us since I have four kids and eating out breakfast can run us $25-30. Usually hotel breakfasts are doughnuts, coffee, and cereal. Maybe some fruit. But the Hampton Inn-Buda had coffee, juice, muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausage, and more. They also had an evening mixer where they offered complimentary soda and beer. And their staff was really courteous. Way more than other hotels we've stayed at. For the price we paid this hotel was a great value. Thanks Hampton.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank J S
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We stayed at this hotel during a recent visit to Austin which is less than 15 miles away. All the other Austin hotels were overpriced and we needed a place to stay after a UT football game. The hotel seems very new and modern. It offers free breakfast which was pretty good and the eating area was nice and clean. Our room was very nice and clean. Only have two small complaints, no mini-fridge in all rooms and too few HD channels on an otherwise very nice LCD TV. overall, very nice stay and would recommend.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Max5150
Also consider these accommodations in or near Buda
South Austin
Holiday Inn Austin Airport

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Austin South/Buda? Share your experiences!