“Nice Motel”

University Inn College Station
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Bryan
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here a couple of times during 2013. The University Inn is clean, safe, and very reasonable. They have friendly and helpful staff and offer a free breakfast. Plan on staying there a couple more times in 2014.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jafflagger

Reviewed November 14, 2013

When I first arrived, I was a little hesitant because it didn't look exactly like the photos - but, once I went in, the receptionist was very nice.

When I got the room, the smell was a little strange, but not terrible. I was a little uncomfortable with the giant window/wall and ill-fitting blinds, and I was afraid people could see into my room. Although there were new towels, and the room had obviously been partially cleaned, there was a belt left behind from a previous guest and there was a used towel handing on the door. When I went to call the front desk about it, I realized I had no room phone!

On the bright side, the night receptionist was very nice about it, and I've traveled in much worse places so I wasn't too troubled. The TV and wifi worked.

The next day, I did remind the front desk about my issues just to make sure I wouldn't be charged for a missing phone, and the lady seemed a bit confused and wrote a note about it, and I'm not sure if anything was ever done about it.

It was one of the cheaper places in town, and in America I assume this is the norm for cheap hotels - but I was kind of expecting a little more based on the website. I know other people would have been more upset in my situation with the dirty room, but I'm pretty easy going about these things. Hopefully no one else will run into this problem.

Room Tip: If you don't mind not being fancy and just need a quick place to stay, it's not a bad option...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was able to get last minute tickets to the A&M game versus Sam Houston and needed somewhere cheap and convenient to stay.

For a game day weekend, you could not even come close to the awesome price we paid for this room. The continental breakfast was well stocked and the receptionist was very friendly upon check in. The rooms looked newly redone and the bed was extremely comfortable. I felt very safe and It was an easy drive to the mall to hop on the game day bus.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Front desk was terrible and refused to help with any questions or concerns (couldnt even tell if it was a guy or a rough female for the night audit). Room was dirty and the tv did not work. during the middle of the night they checked someone into my room so we where woken up by some strangers and all the front desk clerk could say was that it was not his or her problem and hung up. The bathrooms had mold and the paint in the room was chipping and poorly laired. NEVER STAY HERE! I will never return to this location, not even as a last resort.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jackprows
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our two nights at University Inn were nearly sleepless. The major reason is that the large window that faces the parking lot had no drapery, just vertical slats that don't overlap, and several slats were missing. There was an industrial light right outside the window that shined through the gaps directly on our faces as we were sleeping. The lights from cars parking directly came in the windows as well. In addition, the room was filthy with dust bunnies , particularly in the bathroom. The ancient, worn out chair next to the bed was once lemon yellow perhaps, but now closer to ochre; I didn't dare sit in it. The "continental breakfast" was inedible; we went to IHOP. This was truly the only available lodging that weekend, our last resort. They collected an outrageous $169 per night from us because of the hotel demands in College Station. Next time I'll stay in Brenham and get some sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Joanne B
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Luckily, we asked to see the room before we checked in. The room we saw was not well appointed per one of your reviewers. The dust ruffles were way too large for the bed and
were on the floor with the white material they were sewn to showing about 1 foot on all sides of
the bed. The room had an odor, also. I would not stay here no matter what the price.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sfe42
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I am from the country but have stayed in 5 star hotels and this is a 10 for 2 did not like it at all.
My room mate got asked if she wanted sex after 20 min. offered drugs in 10 min. PLEASE
if you value your life do not stay here or carry a gun only thing is we heard no gun shots. Room was nasty. Cleaning staff only spoke spangles.

Room Tip: do not go there please unless you are looking for drugs or sex instead go 15 min. down the road and...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business