“Best in BCS” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
College Station, Texas
“Best in BCS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have eaten at every BBQ place in the area and this is easily the best. Yah the building is old and there is nothing fancy on the inside but its great food. They dont have a big staff one waitress and one cook, that is all you need. The sides are great and have yet to have something bad there. It is not a fast dinning experience but hell go with some good people and enjoy the conversation

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank James M

Bryan, Texas
“It's kind of scary in there”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

From the outside of the building you really can't tell if this place is open or not. Don't come here if you want someone to help you order, they wont. Don't come here if you expect a friendly crowd, they aren't. Do come here if you want a pretty good BBQ sandwich, the food is good.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank dchomp
College Station, Texas
“Absolute awesome food....just get it "to go"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Some of the best BBQ I've ever personally had however you will walk out smelling like smoke no matter how long or short your visit was. The service is so so but not bad. They just aren't in any hurry to help or greet you however they are nice folks. If you order a coke you will get a warm can of soda. I personally don't visit places like this with any expectations as I am there solely for the food!

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Harrodsburg, Kentucky
“Delish and very filling!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My cousin found this place via a review on tripadvisor. And it was worth it. These folks don't spend money on flash or trying to get people in the door. We were not even sure if they were open when we pulled up. Damn good food and good prices. The decore has not been updated since the 70's, but who cares when you get great food and service. Family owned and operated, clean, but everything has been stained from the smoke of the BBQ. You get to read the history of the place while waiting for your food. I was stuffed when I left and had left overs! I am planning on stopping in with my boyfriend when we come down from KY for a Texas A&M game this fall.

• Visited May 2013
Houston, Texas
“They Spend their Money on the Quality of their Meat, not their Decor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

I visited here for lunch on a Friday. The place is old inside and out. It looks like the last time any money was spent on the interior look may have been the 70's. But that was ok. In general the floors and tables were clean. I ordered the sliced brisket sandwich with fries. I could tell they had a good quality cut of beef. Their side dishes are satisfyingly abundant. The only thing I didn't like was having to use their restrooms, which are located outside the side of the building. It was like a truck stop. Pretty nasty and holes in the bottom of the walls. I was nervous that a giant roach or rat might suddenly appear. The only reason I'm betting it looked this way is because of the exterior exposure the restrooms have. Contrary to other reviews, the waitress on duty was warm and friendly and service was prompt. There 5 other tables occupied during my visit and one waitress seemed to handle them all ok. I would go back if I were in the area again.

Visited April 2013