“Best Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I've never had a visit where I felt like I had to be rolled out from eating some of the finest Mexican food. Delicious, fast, and reasonable.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I went to Casa Rodriguez over a decade ago but have since moved away from the area. We decided on a whim to go after a recent football game. We very much prefer to patronize local establishments over large national chains. There was a line out the door, but we and everyone else were seated after only a short wait. Chips and salsa are excellent - both fresh and just the right amount of tomato/garlic/kick. I ordered the fried avocado stuffed with fajita chicken, since I'd never tried that before, and my husband had the beef fajitas. Both were great! The charro beans and rice were both very flavorful, and we appreciated that the serving sizes were realistic - not too large or too small. Also - our server was excellent. Despite the crowd, she made several visits to our table, made sure our drinks were refilled and our entrees came out quickly. We will, without a doubt, return.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Casa Rodriguez goes back in Bryan's history for decades, and there's a reason they've been around this long. They have a big menu, ranging from authentic, to tex-mex. Really, something for everyone. Homemade, their salsa tastes great, and my sister, who's picky about her tortilla chips, loves Casa Rod's. They have great drink specials, and I try to go every Sunday for a bowl of their menudo. Eat a Casa Rod's, and be part of a great Bryan tradition.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

It amazes me that this restaurant has good ratings or that it ever made the Best of Brazos. Their refried beans have no flavor, other than the flavor of fat. You can't make any alterations to the menu items because they are made ahead of time so you will have to wait if you would rather have a chicken filling rather than beef. The tamales and sauce were absolutely horrible. The atmosphere is noisy, the chairs and tables wobble on the floor. It's an old, rundown restaurant. The staff is pleasant and helpful but that doesn't make up for the poor food. It's cheap but since the quality is so poor, it needs to be.

1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Everybody who is anybody goes to Casa Rod in downtown Bryan. If you live here, go there to eat, and don't see anyone you know, you must be a hermit.

The food is consistent, lunch is always crowded, but the staff is well-prepared to get you in and out, and the staff is oh so friendly.