“Best Pizza in Aggieland”
Review of Mr G's Pizzeria

Mr G's Pizzeria
Ranked #39 of 195 Restaurants in Bryan
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

MrG personally visited the table. What a nice touch. Great Pizza Best in Aggieland. Friendly staff. Needs more wine selections. Casual environment. Reasonable pricing. A great way to visit downtown Bryan.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Mr. G's pizza was every bit as good as I remember from my last visit years ago. And you can't beat the atmosphere - Mr. G's office is even right in the middle of the restaurant. And with the redevelopment of downtown Bryan, it stands out as one of the long time tenants.

2  Thank JPC451
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was a disappointing visit this evening. arrived about 6:30 and while we were seated quickly, only about 5 other tables were occupied, it was another 10 minutes before we were acknowledged by our waiter. During that time we observed that there were three dirty tables which patrons had vacated prior to our arrival but which sat there with dirty dishes while the wait and bus staff visited around the cook area which is placed near the middle of the room. There was no lack of staff but there was distinct lack of direction for the staff. The bus boy when he wasn't lingering at the cooking area would ferry dirty dishes piece by piece from the dirty table and then place them on the counter next to the food that was being prepared and continue to sort dirty silverware and dishware. The staff seemed to be very careful to only address their tables who it appeared they also had seated. This probably explained why it took so long for our waiter to realize he had customers. Once the order was taken he forget one of the drinks, there were only two of us. Mr G was present yet seemed to take no real notice of the lack of staff direction and general poor presentation of his establishment. The salad and wine were good but, the pizza was a disappointment. Unfortunately this is not an establishment that I would recommend at all. Given that the proprietor was on the premises and the floor it raises questions as to the legitimacy in my mind of some of the prior reviews.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

The place was hot the waitstaff was slow. Sat for like ten minutes before they took our drink order. Never even got a refill. The worse part is Mr G is so rude. He really knows how to make people feel uncomfortable. Definitely will not be going back. The pizza is usually good but this time it wasn't. It was soggy and tasted under cooked. I suggest Mr G works on his attitude problem. No wonder all the wait staff crabby attitude I would to if he was my boss. If he has no respect for customers I can only imagine how he talks to them.

3  Thank Chris31568
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The entire family enjoys this quaint corner restaurant in downtown Bryan. There are several "old-fashioned" red soda pop-looking tables inside with mismatched chairs. They even have an upstairs room if it gets crowded. Server was attentive the entire time.

I shared a 14" pizza with a 13- and 9-year old. We had only two pieces left and were sad about it the next day because we wanted more leftovers! There is something about the flavor of the cheese that makes the pizza. My husband had the meat lovers calzone. It is the size about the length of your arm and puffed up high from the steam. He shared a little with the 13-year old and took a small quarter home.

Great for a casual night out with the kids or when you're craving fantastic pizza!

1  Thank DH95