“This is nicest hotel in College Station!”

Hilton Garden Inn College Station
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Bryan
Texas
“This is nicest hotel in College Station!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night during spring break and was wishing I had more time.
PROS: new, clean, hip lobby with lots of hangout places, colorful, comfy beds, great pillows, clean, cookies and fruit water in lobby
CONS: few. Only problem was I had a hard time finding at first but was my own fault. It says College Station but I think address is actually Bryan. It's on east side of highway 6, but really just less than a block off
hwy 6.

I got good price because it was not special event weekend, I'm sure the price is much more expensive on other weekends, however, I've stayed at a 3.5 star in College Station and many other 3 stars and this is the nicest!

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank TxtoNYC
Mechelle M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn College Station, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such great feedback! What a great compliment, to hear that we are the nicest hotel in College Station! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
San Antonio Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel was perfect for the star rating of this hotel. Clean, modern and appealing. Staff was very friendly. Situated in between College Station and Bryan, which was perfect for us as we have kids and grandkids in each city. We were only there one night and did not use pool, gym, etc.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

4 Thank txsladytolv
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed our hotel! Looking forward to seeing you again.
sachse, United States
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I would say overall stay was very very good. Staff was very helpful and rooms were very clean and comfortable. Location is very good for all college station access. I was very pleased with my stay and will return. Only minor issue was pool area had drainage problems but that was being addressed the day we were leaving. Excellent hotel and will recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank Rudolfo R
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate your positive feedback! We're looking forward to seeing you again when you return!
Coldspring, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Overall this was a great place to stay. The food from the restaurant was good and the service was very good. The whole staff was extremely helpful and I would recommend this hotel to other people. I would have given it 5 stars except for the mattress because we like a softer one.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Mary B B
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. We are so glad that you enjoyed your meals here at the Garden Grille. Our staff strives to provide exceptional service to our guests. We appreciate your positive feedback. Looking forward to seeing you again!
Corpus Christi, United States
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I was accommodated when all other hotels were full in town. The in-room Keurig machine was very convenient. I didn't try the restaurant, but the little "convenience store" was convenient. The room was very clean and the service to the room was really good. Front-door staff were always at their stations and very polite.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

2 Thank Levi R
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate all of your positive feedback! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night on a business trip to College Station. The hotel looks new (I think it opened November, 2013). Very nice, welcoming lobby. Staff were very friendly.
The room was nice - bed was comfortable. The bathroom was a bit dark for putting on make up but is was a good size. Computers were down at breakfast so it was a bit hectic; however, most of the breakfasts were comped because of the slowness. Our omelets were delicious and the coffee was great.
My only complaint was that we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door. The housekeepers were in the hall - and my husband left to take some of our items to the car. Immediately after he left the door opened. I said "hello?" thinking it was my husband. It was housekeeping - no knock - just opened the door - I was getting dressed! No apologies - my husband did notify the front desk person about what had happened. I guess when she saw him leave with part of our luggage that he had checked out.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank bandit
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay. We appreciate all of the positive feedback. Our sincerest apologies on breakfast being slow. There is also some confusion sometimes with our housekeepers when guests leave with luggage and their is a "do not disturb" sign on the door. Often times guests will leave, and accidentally forget to remove the sign on the door. Again, we apologize for that. We hope to see you again soon!
Ottawa, Illinois
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently stayed three nights here for a university event. Staff was very friendly on check-in, but our room was almost late due to mostly full occupancy and a group that apparently checked out very late. I was in a single king bed on the fifth floor (501), which was a fine room with an east view I believe. Hotel is very new and clean, and the room was no exception. I'd say the room size is above average, with ample space for a desk and corner chair with foot rest and a reasonably big bathroom. Bed was very comfortable in my opinion, the room has very good window curtains that block light out well, and climate control system was adequate. The room also has a mini-fridge and microwave, both of reasonable size.

As far as hotel services go there is free wifi, which I found reasonably fast and easily accessible. Breakfast is not free and rather basic, I never purchased it but I believe I saw a sign saying it was $8 (small buffet, standard continental breakfast options). There are a myriad of restaurants down the road a couple miles, should that be of interest. The university itself is about ten minutes away depending on your desired building and traffic, which is usually not bad outside standard rush hours (even then it's manageable -- at least by my Chicago standards...). There is an indoor pool onsite, but as per usual is much smaller than the professional pictures allude to. I never swam in it, but it looked fine and was used by some families/kids. Finally, there is a free business center that I frequently saw a few people using, but again I cannot elaborate on it as I did not use it.

My biggest gripe with this hotel was the stupid elevator. I'm not sure if one of the two was broken already (the hotel is only a couple months old), but the one that worked was rather slow and unnecessarily loud/annoying with its beeps. As I was on the top floor, I frequently found myself waiting a couple minutes just to get in the elevator, and spending another minute cycling through the five floors picking people up before it made it to the lobby.

All in all I did thoroughly enjoy my stay here. Aside from the annoying elevator I have very little to complain about, and will definitely keep it in mind should I be in the neighborhood again.

Room Tip: No complaints about 501, but they need to improve the elevator situation otherwise you can expect a...