“oh my GOD, soo GOOD!!!!!!!”

J. Cody's Steak and Barbeque
Ranked #12 of 179 Restaurants in Bryan
Cuisines: Barbecue
Phx
“oh my GOD, soo GOOD!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We walked in, a short line that went very fastt, tender delicious YUM YUM eat it up!! You cant go wrong, best BBQ I have ever ate!

• Visited September 2013

“Decent but not outstanding”
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Decent food, good service. Brisket was a little to dry liking. Ribs were tasty and tender. Sauce was just ok. The coleslaw was very good.

• Visited September 2013
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“great BBQ”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Great brisket and sausage in a very casual, welcoming atmosphere. The buffet style for the sides is great for trying something new or filling up on an old favorite. The owner really is J. Cody, and works hard to provide great food and service at a great price. My favorite place in Bryan!

• Visited January 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Average”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Based upon my experience I don't understand why there are so many high reviews for this place. I feel like I'm being a bit generous giving them 3 stars.

I ordered a rib-eye which was crap. It was literally about half fat and the meat part was grizzly and chewy. My son ordered a hamburger which was fine.

Visiting Texas I thought I was fairly certain to get a good rib-eye at a steak and barbecue restaurant but in this instance, this was not the case. The rib-eye cuts at Costco are 10x better than what I had there.

By the way, I eat out quite a bit (more than I would like to) across the country.

• Visited June 2013
Nocona, Texas
“Best accident I ever had”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I didn't intend to end up in Bryan, Texas, but that's the way it worked out. On my way back from Houston I decided to stop in College Station for a night and while driving around crossed "the border" into Bryan and came across this great find. I loved this place. I ordered the sliced brisket which was served up quickly, then they just turned me loose on the sides and pointed me to the all you can eat vegetable buffett. You also have a choice of bread, including homemade and cornbread. If you leave this place hungry it's your own fault.

• Visited May 2013