“Average”

J. Cody's Steak and Barbeque
Ranked #11 of 179 Restaurants in Bryan
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Average”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Based upon my experience I don't understand why there are so many high reviews for this place. I feel like I'm being a bit generous giving them 3 stars.

I ordered a rib-eye which was crap. It was literally about half fat and the meat part was grizzly and chewy. My son ordered a hamburger which was fine.

Visiting Texas I thought I was fairly certain to get a good rib-eye at a steak and barbecue restaurant but in this instance, this was not the case. The rib-eye cuts at Costco are 10x better than what I had there.

By the way, I eat out quite a bit (more than I would like to) across the country.

• Visited June 2013

Nocona, Texas
“Best accident I ever had”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I didn't intend to end up in Bryan, Texas, but that's the way it worked out. On my way back from Houston I decided to stop in College Station for a night and while driving around crossed "the border" into Bryan and came across this great find. I loved this place. I ordered the sliced brisket which was served up quickly, then they just turned me loose on the sides and pointed me to the all you can eat vegetable buffett. You also have a choice of bread, including homemade and cornbread. If you leave this place hungry it's your own fault.

• Visited May 2013
College Station, Texas
“Country vegie dishes and barbeque”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The outstanding feature over regular barbeque restaurants is the county style vegetable buffet. Excellent overall.

Key West, Florida
“Great food no matter what you get”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

On my most recent trip, I had the lunch special - 8 oz. steak with baked potato and 1 side. It was wonderful. I have never had a bad meal here. The BBQ is really good... some of the best in the state. You get to serve your own sides. The creamed corn is the best. Plus there's warm homemade bread and cornbread. It's casual, affordable, and very good.

• Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas
“This is it.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great place, order your meat ($7.75) and get all you can eat sides, including cole slaw, potato salad, cream corn, cabbage, pintos, breads and more! Cinnamon ice cream is awesome with their cobblers. Meal portions are great! Recommend to go!

Visited April 2013